INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - Best flash or mini portable?  (Read 923 times)

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
OT - Best flash or mini portable?
« on: January 07, 2004, 03:47:12 am »

The iPod mini announcement sparks the obvious question. What are the best non-hard drive portable players?

My situation: I bought my girlfriend a 20GB iPod. (Paid the employee price, which lowered the cost sufficiently compared to the other HD players.)

Now I need a smaller player than I can wear while training for my triathlons. I'm thinking that it should have a minimum of 512mb in storage (perhaps less if I can swap storage cards in and out). It should be small and light to wear during long runs. And it needs a good user interface. Finally, of course, it needs to sync with MC.  What are people using or recommending?

S

jj.oneil

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:OT - Best flash or mini portable?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 05:05:53 pm »

Aussie1, i got the Pocki-MP3. 128 Mb internal and an SD/MMC slot. Shows as an external HD so works with MC. More importantly, it doesn't need special s/w to encrypt mp3s that stops copying. Also, its quite cheep, around 55 GBP from ebuyer.

JJ
listening to KEXP.org or 'john peel' on my stereo recorded some time last week

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:OT - Best flash or mini portable?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 05:28:34 pm »

The iPod mini announcement sparks the obvious question. What are the best non-hard drive portable players?

My situation: I bought my girlfriend a 20GB iPod. (Paid the employee price, which lowered the cost sufficiently compared to the other HD players.)

Now I need a smaller player than I can wear while training for my triathlons. I'm thinking that it should have a minimum of 512mb in storage (perhaps less if I can swap storage cards in and out). It should be small and light to wear during long runs. And it needs a good user interface. Finally, of course, it needs to sync with MC.  What are people using or recommending?

S

I KNow the IRiver Ones also have a Radio and have 512 and 1Gig Models the thing about them is if you run out of music you can always listen to the radio/news etc....

I Have Been Looking at them for 2 months now but one thing i do not know is if they Play mono files. I have found no one puts that info in the specs, and not all of them play mono files.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up