INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Mode on Start-up  (Read 1428 times)

wickerbill

• Recent member
Media Mode on Start-up
« on: January 08, 2004, 10:27:50 am »

Why would you get rid of the media mode being persistent between sessions?  I almost exclusively use MC for music and now every single time I start it, it is starting at the Start page instead of the Audio page I have chosen in Options.  So now I have to go up and click the CD and then click on Audio on the left menu just to get to my music.  At least make it an option for those of us that want this feature because taking it away also seems to be breaking the Startup page settings.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Media Mode on Start-up
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 10:35:08 am »

The reason it was changed is that it was a possible source of confusion.  We've already seen people say "where's my music?" when they had it set to images, for example.  If it always defaults to all media on start-up, they will find their music after re-starting MC.

We may add an option to make the view stick between sessions.

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 10:47:46 am »

We may add an option to make the view stick between sessions.
pretty please   :)
Rich

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 10:59:35 am »

Please add that as an option.  :) If someone is savvy enough to make it to the tool menu and manipulate options, they can probably remember that what they are viewing is based on their settings.

Another related request would be to have the setting saved to the library, if possible. I've got too many images and too many audio files and now that i'm working with video I'm sure I'll have too much of that too. Basically, I've got to keep my libraries separate in order to get any kind of decent responsiveness in MC. It would be great to create an images lbrary, music library, video library with appropriate media modes selected.

Other than this, I'm sure you don't want to hear it, but if tabs were used, a lot of confusion would go away.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 11:05:40 am »

If you are using MC primarily for music then use the All media mode. Set your startup page to Media Library and set MC>View>View Filter>Show Only Audio Files. If you want a persistent filter then check MC>View>View Filter>Save View Filter Between Sessions. It is not exactly what your asking for but the end result is the same.

10-27

wickerbill

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 11:39:56 am »

Please add it back as an option if possible.  Having to go in and set up viewing filters basically defeats the purpose of the different media modes.  This is a simple feature, but the media modes are one of my favorite new features added to MC 10.  Not having them be persistent between sessions reduces their functionality quite a bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up