INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crackling when using directsound (left+right) ?  (Read 965 times)

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
Crackling when using directsound (left+right) ?
« on: January 07, 2004, 07:02:10 pm »

Has anyone tried getting this to work with multizone... it has three outputs (left/right, center/sub, rear l/r) so I hoping to be able to have three distinct zones.

This is the onboard sound card in my Shuttle PC.

I've tried Directsound, but anything other than 'Default Channels' gives me a huge volume boost with heaps of crackling.  I can also use ASIO for normal playback, and I've tried playing with the 'Channel Offset', but get no results (0 plays all, nothing else seems to work, 6 and above seem to always give errors - I guess they don't exist).

I've also tried looking for any ASIO control panel (there doesn't seem to be one) and testing directsound via 'dxdiag.exe' (it tests fine).

Tried with quite a few versions of 10 (currently 10.0.28). Windows XP & DirectX 9.0b.

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
Re:Crackling when using directsound (left+right) ?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 02:16:25 am »

*bump* Does anyone have any idea why this is crackling?  Or how I can get 'clean' multizoning with this? (I can get multizoning with the directsound... it's just unlistenable with all the crackling).

PS: renamed this from "Multizone with NVIDA nForce (onboard) ?", maybe it'll get a few more reads now (guess it was too specific last time).
Pages: [1]   Go Up