INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RealPlayer version problem?  (Read 1197 times)

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
RealPlayer version problem?
« on: January 08, 2004, 07:54:05 pm »

Hi,

I dont like RealOne player, and when i install it, it is impossible to play the realaudio files with MC. So i use since come weeks RealAlternative 1.1 that install latest realplayer codecs. But i have never been able to play files on MC with RealAlternative. The files and codecs used are most recent than version 6 (i think) but MC cant detect the version and ask me to download latest version of real player.

Is it possible to make MC detect as well the codecs installed by RealAlternative?

Thanks
French peoples, visit my portal :
Francophones, visitez mon portail:
www.kingdodo.com

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:RealPlayer version problem?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 09:12:26 pm »

You have to have RealPlayer installed.  There is a link in our FAQ at the top of this board.

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 09:27:17 pm »

Ok i will download realplayer. But the reason why i use MC is cause i dont need any other player or some softwares to install. I have all in one. Realalternative is a good deal cause it install just the codecs for other players can support real player. It could be cool in the futur to support real player by his codec that you can install with realalternative. So, you will dont need real player...
www.kingdodo.com

QuArK_909

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 01:10:54 am »

I HATE real player. With a passion. Since the codecs weren’t included in nimo’s codec pack I assumed they weren’t available w/out getting the whole POS player. I just Dled Real Alternative and it’s working great with Media Center (9.1.316), it’s probably just windows being anal or something. Try pointing Media Center at the Real Alternative codecs through the plug-in menu.

pat1066

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 06:00:47 am »

Quark
Thanks for that advice, the alternative is working for me on MC10. Could you explain how to "Point MC ... at codecs..."
and have you any idea how I can use it to run .SWFs with MC (mplayer classic seems to do it well)
Pat.

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 10:39:02 am »

Yes, could you tell us how to point MC to RealAternative codecs and tell this to developpers who could integrate that on MC to make it detect codecs itself ...!!  ;D

If old version of MC can detect it, why not last builds??
www.kingdodo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up