INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pitch / Tempo Control  (Read 2152 times)

JCWohlschlag

Pitch / Tempo Control
« on: January 12, 2004, 04:18:27 am »

I know the SDK is quite limiting to the coders here, but I put this up on the (ex-) wish-list a while ago.

I would like to see the ability to control the pitch and tempo of playback.  (Yes, pitch and tempo are usually related to one another... increase tempo, the pitch increases... decrease tempo, pitch decreases.  However, they can be controlled separately through what's called Fournier transformations.)  This plug-in would probably be contained within the DSP category.  I have seen okay quality pitch/tempo plug-ins for many other programs (e.g.: Chronotron @ http://www.chronotron.com/), but cannot find one for the best player there is.   :(

nila

Re:Pitch / Tempo Control
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 05:39:29 am »

... but cannot find one for the best player there is.   :(

Winamp? iTunes? What player is that then?
lol.

It's not in the SDK so dont hold your breath of it ever being added.
SDK hasn't changed in ages and all requests for it to be updated are either ignored or are replied to that it's not a priority.

They dont seem to value very highly the ability of external programmers to add value to the program.

Cant see you ever getting it to be honest, if you want those features use another player - winamp I know has some plugins for that.

Richie@Milky

• Recent member
  • Get Some Education Listen To UK Garage & Grime
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 11:53:14 am »

Yea i am really really begging for this to be supported. i listen to garage and drum and bass and obviously when vinyls are released by groups they are not always at a bpm that i wud like to listen to (usually to slow).

Is there any chance of this being incorporated?

Thanks

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 09:32:13 pm »

Yes, I'd love to have this feature too.
What I do now is to use JetAudio. Is not as good as MC for organizing your collection, burn CDs, etc, but the playback engine is better than the one in MC because it gives you this feature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up