INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Win2000 Problem playing/ripping CD  (Read 713 times)

Tom_Reiner

• I'm a llama!
Win2000 Problem playing/ripping CD
« on: January 13, 2004, 10:13:27 am »

When logged in as a Power User, I get the following message when I attempt to play or rip a CD:  "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location".

When logged on as Administrator, there is no problem ripping or playing CDs.

Media Center does read the CD and obtains the YADB metadata before this message occurs.

I suspect that this is a rights issue, however I am able to play my CD using RealPlayer when logged in as a Power User.

I believe Media Center is precisely configured the same in both my Administrator account as well as my Power User account.  

This problem occurs in both v9.1 and beta v10.0.32.

I am inside my 30-day evaluation period and need to have this problem resolved before I purchase.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Win2000 Problem playing/ripping CD
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 11:10:11 am »

To burn without Administrator rights on W2K / XP, your administrator will have to open up the SCSI passthrough layer for you.  A utility to do so is here:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/tmp/SetBurningRights.exe
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Tom_Reiner

• I'm a llama!
Re:Win2000 Problem playing/ripping CD
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 04:32:39 pm »

The utility seems to work even though I received a BSOD the first time I played a CD as a Power User after running the utility.  I successfully played a CD the second time.  I don't think MC is the cause of the BSOD unless anyone else has had a similar experience.

Thanks for the assistance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up