INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Field Edit  (Read 610 times)

yogibear

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Library Field Edit
« on: January 14, 2004, 07:03:59 pm »

If I edit a library field, what exactly happens behind the scenes?

I have a field named Photo Subject that I'd like to rename Photo Caption.  If I change the Display to say Photo Caption, will the tag continue to show up as Photo Subject?

I was thinking that it might be best to create a new field named Photo Caption with the same properties as Photo Subject and then move the information from Photo Subject to Photo Caption.   The tags should then be updated automatically, right?

Actually, if I want to change any properties of a field and have them be applied retroactively, I think this is the type of process to use, except I would create a temporary field to hold the contents with the new field properties, delete the original field, create the original field but with the new properties, move the temp field info to the updated field, and finally delete the temp field.  Whehh!!!  :o :o

Does this all sound correct?  Thanks!

jleerigby

Re:Library Field Edit
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 07:36:02 am »

It's not necessary.  Just change the display name.  I've been using an old musicmatch field called 'mood' for ages to store decade information.  The display name is decade and it's always worked fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up