INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird issue with MC10 & Tivo HMO  (Read 2483 times)

gundan

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Weird issue with MC10 & Tivo HMO
« on: January 17, 2004, 10:01:33 am »

Hello Guys,

I was having a tough time getting the tivo to work with JRiver, finally I reset the mp3 conversion stuff from 320 to 128 and things started working magically.  Now when I reset the mp3 conversion back to 320, it started working fine again :-)

Oh swell, I just wanted this post here so that if anybody else has issues, they can try this out too.

Cheers,
G

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re:Weird issue with MC10 & Tivo HMO
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 09:24:09 pm »

Thanks for the info. Are you 100% sure it was the bit rate change that did it? Is there any possibility it was anything else? I'll check the code on monday, it may be something is not getting initialized right.

j

gundan

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 08:27:56 am »

John,

I struggled around initially to get my Tivo to see my MC 10 instance.  After looking around the firewall, routers etc.  The only thing I had left was to change the bit rate.  Once I changed the rate to 128, Tivo saw everything.  Further after seeing it the first time around, I reset things back to 320 and ever since things seem to be working fine.

In a totally different note, I probably need to escalate this to Tivo Support, when I rebooted the router, the tivo rebooted it self.  I saw it happen twice, but I need to confirm this.

Hopefully you can get the update of the playlists thing sorted out some time in version 10.  I love how mc 10 works now w/ my ipod and now my tivo.

Thanks,
G

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 01:57:45 pm »

I gave it a try here, worked fine. This was a clean install on XP. I did notice that when I went into options to start the TiVo server, it had to download the MP3 converter. Did you notice the same?

j

gundan

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 07:37:21 pm »

John,

No such thing here, I had already downloaded the lame mp3 dll.  Either way things work fine and I am quite happy right now.  I just hope that you guys add the play count update and dynamic update of my library(as seen from the Tivo) some time soon.

Cheers,
G
Pages: [1]   Go Up