INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC XML Help!  (Read 1869 times)

therob555

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
MC XML Help!
« on: January 18, 2004, 08:18:10 am »

ahhh!! so frustrated i got .net framework 1.1 and am trying to download xml and in the middle of installation it says an unhandled exception has occurred because the "length can not be less than zero and parameter name=length".. thanks for anyone who can help.

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
Re:MC XML Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 11:46:38 pm »

Hi there - something has gone wrong with the setupfinaliser. Go to the directory you installed MC XML Export to and run the "setupfinaliser.exe" file. This attempts to write to the registry, so you have to have write-access to the registry in order for it to run.

Else, here's the registry setting that gets changed:

Open the key
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\MCXMLExport\Settings"
then either add or edit the value with name "InstalledDir" to be the full path you installed MC XML Export to. Dont forget to include the final backslash.

See how that goes,

Scott.

ps... What version of Windows are you using and do you have admin rights?

therob555

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 08:31:26 am »

thanks for the time and reply but i think im in over my head for several reasons.  Firt, when i run the setupfinaliser, it immediately says the error and then stays on a screen that says finalising setup for a very ling time until i close it and i also do not know how to change or even access those registry settings your talking about.  In addittion, i dont know if i have the admin rights and in cocnlusion i am using ME which works with almost nothing haha I mean i m fine with it but a lot of programs just dont run smoothly and by smoothly i mean not at all, thanks again and if you ever want to explain in more detail thatd be great but if not i understand

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 05:09:50 am »

Here's another solution, seeing as you don't know how to edit the Windows Registry, and it's a bit dangerous to go tinkering around.

1) Download this file.
2) Find where you put the file and double-click it. When you're asked to merge, hit Yes, or OK. This will merge the necessary entries into the registry manually. It also assumes that you've installed the plugin in the "c:\program files\scott raynel software\mc xml export" directory -  this is the default install directory.

Hopefully that helps, if not, post back and we'll see what we can do. By the way, I assume you're using WinME at home? It's not on a business network or anything like that?

Good luck,

Scott.
Pages: [1]   Go Up