INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Mode problem with /play TREEPATH= command  (Read 834 times)

jleerigby

Media Mode problem with /play TREEPATH= command
« on: January 19, 2004, 03:08:00 am »

The new media mode causes an issue playing back contents of the media library using the mjextman.exe command: /play TREEPATH=location.

This is because the tree path changes depending on the currently selected mode i.e. if in ALL mode the location will need media library\audio in it whereas if already in audio mode you would just need audio\.

Could this be changed so that MC always references the full path as if the current media mode is 'All' even if it isn't.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Media Mode problem with /play TREEPATH= command
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 10:41:50 am »

The new media mode causes an issue playing back contents of the media library using the mjextman.exe command: /play TREEPATH=location.

This is because the tree path changes depending on the currently selected mode i.e. if in ALL mode the location will need media library\audio in it whereas if already in audio mode you would just need audio\.

Good catch. I always run in "All" mode, so I don't know that I would have found this behavior. However...

Could this be changed so that MC always references the full path as if the current media mode is 'All' even if it isn't.

I think it would be better to have consistent behavior. I think that the TREEPATH modifier should continue to use the actual path of the actual tree showing. If not, then there will be confusion the other way (why do I have to enter extra "directories" when I'm not in "All Media" mode).

Probably what we need is a way to set the media mode discretely (and toggle). That way for Girder commands that depend on a certain tree path can be written as a multi-group where the first command sets the appropriate media mode.

Best,
Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up