INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another way to view images/videos  (Read 1411 times)

jimclark

• Junior Woodchuck
  • 2B or not 2B == FF
another way to view images/videos
« on: January 18, 2004, 01:10:32 am »

Does anyone know if MC has a way to view images individually, not in a slideshow, and not as thumbnails. Double-clicking an image always begins a fullscreen slide show, which is never what I wanted. If not, guys how 'bout implementing something like that?
Jim <><

dragyn

Re:another way to view images/videos
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 01:17:27 am »

You could just turn off the slideshow. Is that what you want? It's in the Playback Options under Image Playback.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 07:45:36 am »

You can hit the space bar to pause.  Page up and page down go backward and forward.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 09:34:03 am »

I thought MC had a send to external app function...which would make IrfanView a great viewer to set as that ext app. Try the program as a stand alone first...then see if you can tie it into MC. Moving to previous/next image is as easy as rolling the mouse wheel. IrfanView really does rock.

Rx

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2004, 04:46:48 pm »

Any way to do this for album art, without actually playing the album?

I used to use the floating action window to preview cover art while listening to something else, but now I can't. I need to see the cover art at full scale to see if it is correct after running a search.

jimclark

• Junior Woodchuck
  • 2B or not 2B == FF
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 11:22:17 am »

Thanks for the suggestions folks, but what I am looking for is this:

1. I would like the default behavior for double-clicking an image file to show the file in a popup window, which would allow me to resize, or show full screen, maybe even have controls to perform various operations on the image, like print, or rotate, etc... This popup would not cause the MC main window to iconify.

2. Allow the window which shows the image thumbnails, to be split (just like the playing now window), and have thumbnails below and the larger image above.

3. The slide show function should not be activated with the <play> button. The reason is that it becomes confusing when you want to play background music along with a slideshow. Also, it allows more specific control over a slideshow, and the music.

I am now using MC to govern my entire photo database as well as video and images.  MC's ability to search and catalog media files is un-matched. However, it is not the best solution for viewing images. With these changes, I believe it would be. Does anyone out there have an opinion?
Jim &lt;>&lt;

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 11:41:39 am »

I think that the pop up window would be great.  You actually can kind of do this by undocking the action window and selecting image under file properties.

I've gotten used to the slide show starting up when double clicking on a pic, but it doesn't seem to be the natural action.

But in version 10 we lost the ability to undock the action window.  :(

Adding some basic tools, rotate, print, zoom in/out, send to burner, add to playing now, etc would be great.

The small view of the picture in the docked action window is not sufficient if you want to to have a good look at the pic details.

Irfan view DOES rock and I found out about on interact!  But sometimes I just want to stay in MC.

jimclark

• Junior Woodchuck
  • 2B or not 2B == FF
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 12:26:36 pm »

I downloaded IRFAN too, to check it out. Cool. But I would be willing to sacrifice the editing features of IRFAN to have a simple easy way to view within MC.  
Jim &lt;>&lt;
Pages: [1]   Go Up