INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRMC11 and AAC via DirectShow  (Read 1075 times)

bman001

• Recent member
JRMC11 and AAC via DirectShow
« on: February 06, 2005, 09:48:15 pm »

Is there a way to force JRMC11 to play MPEG-4 Audio using DirectShow instead of the QT playback engine?  I ask because I'd like to be able to enjoy my M4A files with a functioning equalizer, not to mention visualizations, and these don't function for MPEG-4 Audio through the QT engine.

There are a number of DirectShow filters and demuxers available for download that allow MPEG-4 Audio to be played in Windows Media Player, such as the CoreAAC parser and the commercial 3ivx MPEG-4 Audio/Video filter pack.  I have both of them and really wish MC could use them.  I've tried installing the DirectX Host plugin and building a chain using the 3ivx audio decoder, but it does nothing. 

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  I just hate having to play my M4A files in Winamp when MC is my preferred all-in-one tool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRMC11 and AAC via DirectShow
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 06:56:49 am »

Try renaming a couple *.mpg.  It might work.

bman001

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 07:42:53 pm »

Didn't work unfortunately.  MC thinks it's playing a video file.  No visualization, and clicking on the EQ button gives the message "DSP Studio is only accessible when playing audio files".  The audio does play, though, just no DSP.

Well, if this can't be done yet I vote for making this a feature in the release candidate.  Let us choose whether MPEG-4 Audio is outputted through QT or DirectShow.  QT is not the only legitimate game in town for decoding MPEG-4 audio, and including this option lets JR improve MC's AAC support while dodging the liscensing problem.

Of course, an internal decoder for AAC would be great too, but I have already JR's current position on that.

paekche

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 10:55:52 pm »

This feature might be available in a future major release (ie, > = version 12).  This means you will need to pay another $15+.

Is it me or does J River remove posts that references other players like f00bar2ooo?
Pages: [1]   Go Up