INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing just the artist and album name from the mc9 database  (Read 898 times)

estwd04

• I'm a llama!

I want to print a list of all the artists and albums I own from my mc9 database. When I view just the artist and album columns, the albums are always listed as many times as there are songs in that album. How do I view just the artists and the albums so each album name is only listed once before I print the database?

As always, thanks!

estwd04

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re:Printing just the artist and album name from the mc9 database
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 12:23:21 pm »

One of the ways is to select the files you want to print (it could be the whole library, a playlist or whatever). Go to Action Window -> File Properties -> Statistics -> Artist/Album

From there you can print it directly using right click -> Print, or copy to clipboard and paste the list into your favorite application.

Hope it helps.

-----
Listening to: 'Help Me, Rhonda' from 'Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!)' by 'The Beach Boys' on Media Center 10

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 02:47:57 am »

Alternatively,

Download MC XML Export from this thread.

Install, and then download the appropriate "preset" from Scott Raymond's Preset Page. ("ArtistAlbumListing")

Run MC, select the MC XML Export Plugin, hit "Start", select the Preset you downloaded and hope it works :)
Any problems, post in the thread linked to above.

You even might find that there are other snazzy things you can do to your library that you didn't even think of.

Scott

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 08:19:07 am »

You can toggle the view to show single album covers and lists by typing ctrl-u.  It's also under the view menu / list style.
Pages: [1]   Go Up