INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View manipulations  (Read 1103 times)

wnossel

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
View manipulations
« on: January 22, 2004, 10:54:46 pm »

Hi,

I am creating a large number of view schemes.

1) Can I copy a view scheme under another name, in order to start with the presets of the parent scheme rather than from scratch?

2) In which data file are the view schemes saved? (ie: how not to lose them if I reformat my PC and reinstall MC)

Thanks,
WN

jleerigby

Re:View manipulations
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 01:06:05 am »

1. I was wondering this too.

2. In your library.  You can backup your existing library or create a new library using File> Library

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 06:02:23 am »

1. I don't think this is possible... though I'd love it to be :) (I think I've requested this before... I should check, if not - I will :))

2. The default library (view schemes\playlists\misc other stuff) is stored under the Media Center directory.... typically C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data I believe. (otherwise it's whereever you [or whoever] put it :))

[size=-2]edited: forgot to mention it's only the default library there, thanks JLee :)[/size]

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 08:05:30 am »

...or the library is where ever you want it to be.  And since you want to be sure not to lose it if you reformat your PC you might want to consider saving your library to another drive / partition, perhaps the same place your media files are stored.  Check out Library Manager.
Pages: [1]   Go Up