INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Navigation question  (Read 1067 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Navigation question
« on: January 24, 2004, 03:04:21 pm »

Hi,
Sorry to start a thread for this. Couldnt find the post with all the feature requests in it.

I'd like to suggest;

stop the panes from defaulting to all whenever you leave the media library.
(I'm tagging some files now and using the artist info web page a lot and when i go back to the library i have to click at least three times to get back to the album. Also, more often than not, after clicking around in MC, when I come back to the library its useful to see the last selected album. It kind of acts like "playing now".)

"back" from artist info doesnt take me back to the library. it just keeps refreshing the web page.

Is there or could there be any way to select a bunch of files and then ask MC to search for the info on that file, but only for specific fields?
For example, I have carefully tagged the genre tags for my files and am now tagging the date field for my albums. I have to do it manually at the moment and it's time consuming. It'd be cool if i could tell MC to look up only the date in the yadb.

To tidy up the playlists in the tree could you make playlist libraries that correspond to the  categories. EG: An audio playlist library that only shows up when you select the audio category.

Also, has work finished on the acces control? It'd be cool to be able to make presets and decide which ones are on or off.

Sorry again for making a thread for this. I love the way MC is progressing. The action window is really making sense now and useful (Tag info should still be a one click thing though in my opinion. Especially for newbies. It should be screaming at them from the beginning.)

Bye
Bri

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 09:20:07 pm »

Try using backspace (or the back arrow in MC) to back up to where you were.

thorn

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Navigation question
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 09:26:54 pm »

Hi Jim,

Park's initial issue is the same as mine in the post below.  As I indicated there, the back button will NOT take you from Artist Info back to where you were in the library.  Instead it refreshes the original All Music Guide Web Page.  

Any other ideas?

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 09:33:21 pm »

Yep - hit back twice.

Scott.

thorn

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 09:36:24 pm »

Scott,

Believe me,  I've tried.  It doesn't work for me.  Just keeps refreshing the web page.  Can't get past it on my installation.  I'm using MC 9.1.316

Herb

thorn

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 10:22:30 pm »

Park,

Scott hit on the solution.  

Scott said: "The way I see it working on my machine, is when you enter the Artist Info page, it re-directs you straight away. So, if you hit back, it takes you to the re-direct page and "refreshes" again. If you hit back in the small period of time that it's loading the re-direct page then it goes back to the library."

The timing of the your back click is what makes it work.

Thanks Scott.

Herb

Pages: [1]   Go Up