INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cover art question  (Read 1163 times)

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
cover art question
« on: January 27, 2004, 10:47:21 pm »

Hi,

I have some directories that contain the cover art. However MC10 doesn't automatically 'see' it, you have to select the songs, right click and click 'add from file'. Is there any option to make MC10 do this automatically (e.g., any image file in the same directory of the songs, should be considered the cover art). If not, maybe this should be an interesting feature to add.

I use tag&rename 3.01 to tag my collection, and this program goes to allmusic.com and grabs cover art together with tags. It would be really cool if MC10 could do that too: search for the album name and get the cover art from allmusic.com. It is much more complete than YADB, and if tag&rename 3.01 can do it, it must be free. (anther feature request?)

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
Re:cover art question
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 01:54:25 am »

I also suggested your first question. Hope more people respond to this., so they will implement it.

This tag&rename program. Is it worth to buy because it's not cheap and what else can you do with it.
It does not support ape if I look at the website. I would like to have cover arts of my cd's. Don't wanna scan all my CD's. Takes too much time.

MarSies .....

jleerigby

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 06:31:11 am »

Have you checked out King Sparta's Cover Art Finder plug in for MC at www.spartasoft.com.  I'm not sure if this will do what you need.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 07:49:05 am »

any image file in the same directory of the songs, should be considered the cover art)

my plug-in will only do this if the file is called folder.jpg as per the Windows Standard.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 10:08:46 am »

MA3D is a little app that downloads 300 x 300 images from Amazon.  It's freeware.
http://www.s3oftware.com/ (click on the SD to enter the site)

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 02:51:44 am »

Thanks, that was very helpful.

KingSparta, why are your plugins not linked from the JRiver plugin page?
I still wonder why things like MA3D and King's plugin for cover art are not part of MC, they would definitely kill any other app. you can compare it to....

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2004, 10:54:26 am »

I second the reccomendation..... I just used Sparta's plug-in to grab cover art for my library of 15,000 songs last night - Worked like a charm!

Thanks again.... Tonight will be Lyrics & charts.......
Pages: [1]   Go Up