INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with streaming media  (Read 854 times)

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
Problems with streaming media
« on: January 29, 2004, 02:48:51 am »

I've just been playing with a program that allows one to create a playlist of your mp3's with radio-dj like comments which are randomly generated using text-2-speech.  The dj segments are placed in the playlist as a stream (downloading from a server on your machine) so that they can be generated with up to date weather and news headlines.

The problem I'm having is that when the stream starts up it cuts off the first few words and when it finishes it also cuts a few words from the end.  The same playlist (with streams included) plays fine in winamp and windows media player with no clipping at the beginning and end.  I have tried each of the different playback types - standard, crossfades smooth & agressive and gapless with the same results.

I haven't had much experience with streaming, so I don't know if this is common or specific to this type of stream.  I'm not at my computer at the moment, so I can't check the details - but if they are needed I will post them tommorrow.

Zarius. (MC 10.0.53, WinXP Pro SP1)

[size=-2]PS: To any interested parties, the software is called DJBorg and the page is at SourceForge. It is a little tricky to set up (I've volunteered to help update some of the docs to make it easier), so if you need any help just message me.[/size]

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
Re:Problems with streaming media
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 08:35:57 pm »

Hmm.. I must have a knack for naming topics :)  Only 6 views when it was called "Streaming media cuts off beginning and end" - in retrospect I guess most people wouldn't think of streaming media having a beginning and end :)

Anyway... I've got a little more detail here now - the link in question is: http://localhost:8997/tts.mp3?a=0&b=3&c=4&d=6.
Pages: [1]   Go Up