INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play WMA  (Read 1662 times)

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Play WMA
« on: January 27, 2004, 06:50:09 pm »

What does one have to do to play WMA format in MJ 8.4?  There has often been a problem with this format in MJ, and yet it has seldom been adequately addressed or fixed.

I hope that someone can provide a responsive answer to this issue, and not just say to purchase MC.  I've noticed a dramatic decline in support for MJ since MC's launch (e.g., MJ staff used to respond to queries).  This is disappointing as I am one of many who just want a good application (which MJ was/is) to play audio files.

Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Play WMA
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 07:00:53 pm »

WMA playback in MJ should work.  Files from other machines may not work.

MC does have better support for WM.  It is a newer product.  I'm sorry if you don't understand that.

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 03:42:26 pm »

I appreciate your response.  

When you write "files from other machines may not work", does that mean WMAs created in MJ should work, but those created in Windows Media Player or by another ripper or purchased over the Internet may not?  For instance, I get WMA errors and jukebox freezes when I play WMAs in "Playing Now" view.

Regarding MC, is there a streamlined interface in which it may be operated for those who wish to play just audio files?  If there is instruction on such a mode, I'd appreciate if could you direct me to it.  I enjoy MJ because the screen isn't crowded with many features & functions that I won't be using (it is one of the issues I had with Real One when it was introduced).

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 04:28:55 pm »

You should be able to try both MC9 and MC10 (in beta) to see how they work for you.  Backup your database first.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 04:30:39 pm »

I think He means when you buy or encode a windows media file on another machines(computers) it may not work on another machines(Computers).

And that mostly i think is due to if the license rights was on or off.

if you turn this on and encode a file, then you try to move it to a new computer it will not play, because that computer does not have rights to play that file and never will.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 05:57:26 pm »

Thanks KingSparta.  

Would you be able to shed any light on the following?  I ripped WMAs (without license protection) with Windows Media Player and Music Match, plus purchased some over the Internet.  Yet, I get WMA errors when I attempt to play in MJ 8.4 -- always an error when in "Playing Now" view.  

Playback Engine: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file.  
Windows Media Error:  0x80070020

I've often encountered WMAs errors in MJ, some previous builds seemed to fix the problem.

Thanks

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 06:04:12 pm »

Sorry I Don't Use Media Jukebox 8

I do know that Microsoft changed somethings lately, and J river had to include changes into the latest version of MJ8 and that was the reason for the latest version.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 06:11:39 pm »

Thanks.  I do appreciate your help.  

Will probably give MC 9 or 10 a try, and see what options there are to simplify interface for one who just wants to play audio files.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 06:20:57 pm »

Version 10 would be a better choice.  It can be set to Audio only and has a slightly simpler interface.  It is stable and safe, but I suggest getting a download and staying with it for a while instead of downloading each one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up