INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trouble installing media center  (Read 794 times)

artemis

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
trouble installing media center
« on: January 30, 2004, 08:20:38 pm »

I'm having trouble installing media center.  When I run the .exe file on my Windows XP system I get the box that says "Media Center 10 Setup is preparing Install Wizard .... Please Wait", but then that window closes and nothing else happens.  This occurs with both version 9.1 and 10 beta.

I did try out Media Center before (either version 8 or 9, I don't recall) some time ago -- maybe a year ago? -- and I don't see it on my system so I probably uninstalled it.  I don't see any folders related to in Program Files.

I was considering buying it, but now I can't even get it to run.  I'm afraid to just buy it outright in case even the purchased version won't install.

Any ideas?

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
Re:trouble installing media center
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 08:58:54 pm »

try to install it again ,but if your behind a firewall you might have trouble. Try turning it off and redownload again . But chances are that if you got to were it said preparing to install a folder might a less be in your registry. And the best place download the file is here in the form. The 9.3. version is more stable then the 10 version they are still working on that version , but is here if you what to try it out. My advice is to start with the version until 10 is no longer Beta. Come Click on Media Center 9 and you can pick which one from clicking Media Center 9 in the form. BUT TURN OFF YOUR FIREWALL WHEN DOWNLOAD Media Center 1st.
Pages: [1]   Go Up