INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping problems with 10.0.60  (Read 1447 times)

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Ripping problems with 10.0.60
« on: February 04, 2004, 12:40:02 pm »

Having weirdness with Ripping.  I have 10.0.60, prior to that I had 10.0.38.  With the new ripping in the action window, I can't just keep inserting discs (autorip) using Secure rip like I use to be able to.  Now I get the secure rip log window and inserting a new disc does not auto-dismiss or gracefully append to the secure rip log window.  I have to hit ok for each disc.  In earlier versions I could just keep putting in new discs and it took care of the rest.  Am I doing something wrong?

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 04:49:29 pm »

This has been happening with me too. And there is no way to gracefully get out of a loop where YADB doesn't find a CD. If YADB doesn't find a CD, I don't want to rip blank info and I don't want to type the info, I can probably get it elsewhere so I usually save them up so I can rip them with other software (would be great if I could get the info from cdplayer.ini or another file that EAC could create, it is MUCH more convienient to rip in MC, but I don't type unless it is absolutley the last possible option, I think something like this is in the works?)

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 05:02:05 pm »

I cancel the rip, go to the CD view and type in the info myself.  I found that if the CD is really missing in YADB, it prompts me to enter the info.  If not, it downloads some junk like Untitled for all track names.  If the later is the case, just put in the CD cancel the RIP and go to the CD drive in MC and change the track info manually, when you RIP it, it will use the info you put in.  I had about 20 CDs that didn't come down ok, I tired to update CD info on each from the right clck on the CD drive in MC and it found them second time around.

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 06:39:35 pm »

Yea Typing  CD info sucks . I use other software and just convert it then import to Mc  cause I refuse to type all that stuff.

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 06:44:54 pm »

The other software I use ,can just read the cd info I don't even have to be on-line and the info just popup as soon as the CD is inserted .

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Ripping problems with 10.0.60
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 09:43:52 pm »

Typically the only way it works offline is if you previously used a program like Media Player with the CD and it stored the info in a local file on the system.  Hardly any CD-TEXT on them, and if they do they are quite lacking.

DJMUK

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:Ripping problems with 10.0.60
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 01:38:45 pm »

Yea Typing  CD info sucks . I use other software and just convert it then import to Mc  cause I refuse to type all that stuff.

A rant follows which I hope does not go against forum rules:

If everybody took your attitude there would not be any databases, for any software, that you, or anyone else for that matter, could download it from - then you would have no option but to type it, would you!

I for one, and I am sure most people here, are happy to contribute for the benefit of all.

End of rant - blodd pressure returning to normal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up