INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ID3 v1 tags on APE files  (Read 776 times)

mmiller683

• I might be a porcupine.
ID3 v1 tags on APE files
« on: February 05, 2004, 03:07:27 pm »

I need help.  

I used EAC to rip my CDs into APE files.  I then used Abander Tag Control 2 to fill in the ID3 tag from the files and directory structure.  But when I import the files into the Media Jukebox 8 library the tags do not show up.  

The album/artist information is left blank.  Because of that I can't convert them to OGG files and have the directory structure created automatically from the tag.  I really need this functionality because I have hundreds of CDs to rip and convert and I don't want to be creating directories for every album.  What I want to do is rip them all into APE and then convert them en masse into ogg format.

If media jukebox could rip and encode into two formats at once I would be all set but I want one non-lossy file for archive purposes and a lossy one to use on my iRiver mp3 player.

I don't have a third program that recognizes APE files to confirm that the tag is there but it is there in Tag Control under the ID3 v1 tab.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks
Michael

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:ID3 v1 tags on APE files
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 03:24:43 pm »

APE files support ID3v1 and APE tags.  Newer version of EAC write APE tags that MJ 8 may not understand.

I'd recommend an upgrade to Media Center 10 if you want the latest and greatest APE support. (now in beta)

-Matt (author of Monkey's Audio)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up