INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.62 beta available  (Read 3042 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.62 beta available
« on: February 05, 2004, 05:04:54 pm »

Media Center 10.0.62 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

Please keep a list of issues you find and report them with each build until we have addressed them.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10062.exe

IMPORTANT -- This build includes a reworked handheld system.  Only IPOD and WMDM players currently work.  Tread lightly if handheld support is important to you.

10.0.62 (2/5/04)

1. Fixed: Burning directly from an audio CD was broken.
2. Fixed: After cancelling a CD burn and restarting it, the status fields wouldn't reset to "In Queue".
3. Fixed: Status field was not always updating during a CD burn.
4. Changed: Auto-expand / auto-collapse tree works anytime a tree selection changes. (applies to Favorites, Locate, Action Window gotos, etc.)
5. Changed: Right-click on toolbars gives a "Customize Toolbar..." option.
6. Changed: Right-clicking on the statusbar shows the "Customize Toolbar..." menu.
7. NEW: Alternate playback settings changed in the Player > Player Options menu. (Ctrl+Shift+P)
8. Fixed: Media Center could ask about removing non-existant directories after updating files that didn't point to available files.
9. NEW: Added support for taggin of WMV & ASF files
10. NEW: Added support for file format info for WMV & ASF files.
11. Changed: Auto-save sorting changes turned off by default.
12. Changed: Removed "sort artist as album artist auto" option. (not needed with new sort system)
13. Fixed: Sorting could not be changed in "Customize Current View" if there was only one album showing.
14. Fixed: Problem seeing Media Server when TiVo Beacon shut down improperly.
15. Changed: TV Tuner will switch from "Instructions" to "Display" if channels have been configured.
16. Changed: ID3v1 genre "AlternRock" renamed to "Alt. Rock".
17. Fixed: Dropping files to the Burn CD Action Window would cause MC to lose its scolling and selection.
18. Fixed: Shell extensions wouldn't work reliably when multiple files were selected.
19. Changed: Calculated fields somewhat faster.

Not released to the public.

10.0.60 (2/3/04)

1. Changed: CD burn progress action window shows percentage of CD complete rather than percentage of current file.
2. Fixed: Status bar would get stuck on "Update panes..." in some cases.
3. Fixed: When the CD burn progress action window was displayed, the previous burn action window was still accessible.
4. Fixed: When MC warned about a CD burn that was over the disc capacity, cancelling the burn could lead to a crash.
5. Changed: When starting to stream asf content, MC now shows a "Buffering..." status so user knows what's going on.
6. Fixed: MC was computing the incorrect disc capacity for data CD burning.
7. Changed: Double-clicking on an audio file in a mixed media type list will show the images when outside of Media Library's root.
8. Fixed: Send-To 'External Tool' was not working properly.
9. Changed: When analyzing a web file, MC will display a status dialog after 4 seconds that allows cancelling.
10. Changed: MC silently advances on playback errors and only shows errors if multiple files in a row fail.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bennyd

• Project Leader
Re:Media Center 10.0.62 beta available
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 05:13:42 pm »

* When launching a TV Channel in Theater Mode with Space Bar, it doesn't launch the selected TV Channel but takes the first one in the list.  

* Could we have the recording options and DVD controls in Theater Mode in a more obvious place then in Playing Now/Display Options/... ?
And/Or have MC Commands for these actions  
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 05:36:11 pm »

Thanks for the Toolbar Right click.

Very nice ;D
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

ZRocker

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 05:39:28 pm »

4. Changed: Auto-expand / auto-collapse tree works anytime a tree selection changes. (applies to Favorites, Locate, Action Window gotos, etc.)

Works...thanks you!

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 06:25:54 pm »

Thanks Matt..Shell Integration is much better...only thing now is it adds to playing now starting from the file you right click on...I'm pretty sure you changed this in 9 so it added in selection order ie filename sorted.  If this is possible that would be great...but thanks a lot for sorting it out...makes things a lot easier...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 06:28:58 pm »

If you Change the EQ to rock or something, then change a Band MC10 will change the Genre Back To "Custom" as it should.

But

if you set the genre to "Rock" or something, and you have a plug-in change a Band. MC does not change the Genre to "Custom"

As a matter of fact Matt must be sliping since the "Boss" aka: "God Father" likes Jazz where is the Jazz preset?

speaking of that, I don't see a way to change the preset from the SDK using A user selected Genre.

A Bit Of Smooth Jazz (Nice Song)
Listening to: 'Weeper's Thang' by 'A. Ray Fuller' on Media Center 10
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

rocketsauce

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 09:34:18 pm »

Installation is stalling in Win98.

Rob

IanH

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never fly the "A" model of anything...
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 12:04:47 am »

Still get "Failed to create TV control" since build 10.0.59.

Media Center Registered 10.0.62 -- E:\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 698 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB
Resource Info: System - 38 %, GDI - 70 %, User - 38 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive K:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive K: SONY     CD-RW  CRX100E     Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Squanderbug

• Recent member
  • It should work
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 02:34:52 am »

Excuse my ignorance, but what is WMDM, and is the creative Zen Xtra compatible with this?

minsky_a

• Recent member
  • Cha cha cha
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 04:19:06 am »

What about Auto Scan feature ? will that be possible ?
All the other big apps have it ?!!! :'(
Cha cha cha,
don't u know that i love you
Cha cha cha

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 04:58:03 am »

After downloading 60, I wrote -

Help - big problems with 60. I tried to install it but  it hung during the installation process at the point of trying to install MC program files. I then tried to go back to the previous version, but got the same hang-up. After trying a few older releases with the same result, I tried to uninstall but that hung up as well. So, now I don't have any MC at all and haven't a clue where to go from here. Any help greatly appreciated as I've got the family coming up for the weekend......hheeellllppppp !!!!!

Win98SE and can't remember the rest........
=======================================

and CVIII replied -

JollyJim,
This behavior sounds all-too-familiar as I had Win98SE at one time.
I don't know the technicalities but it seems that Win98 corrupts itself over time and needs to be periodically reinstalled. You can do that without erasing your hard drive but if you can arrange it, that would be the best.
Either way, you would have to re-install all of your applications even if they still resided on the disk. The non-"clean install", the one where you replace only the operating system and don't erase files, is called for if you can't back up your files somewhere else.
Understand, please, that I don't KNOW that this is your problem but I do know that I have had that problem and a reinstall (I've done it both ways) fixes it.

I hope, I hope.
CVIII
====================================

Thanks for replying CVIII. I've downloaded 62 but got the same results. I've tried installing/uninstalling some other apps and they've been ok so I really don't know what the problem is. I see from this thread that RocketSause is having some install problems - maybe there is something there for JR to look at. I don't think I would be capable of reinstalling Windows - it's sounds far too horrific for one as simple as me. But, thankyou for you reply

Jim

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 07:38:22 am »

Starting in 10.0.62:

When streaming from my Nomad Jukebox Zen via Notmad Manager, I now receive an error from MC:

New info:  Looks like this has nothing to do with streaming.  This is happening to me on any WMA files that I play but not MP3s.

Information
type=4, m_Duration=722583520

The number for m_Duration changes depending on the file I'm trying to stream.

Brian

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 07:57:56 am »

I'm getting various random crashes with this version -- the MS "error report" box has come up several times tonight during normal operations.

Larry

Rockinrob

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 11:30:29 am »

Now using 10.0.62 (the previous version same problem), I am not able to burn an audio CD.  It proceeds to write lead in/out, stalls for a short time, and then displays the following error:

"Power on, Reset, bus dev"

Any clues to what's going on and how to fix?

Thanks,
Rob Juneau

ZRocker

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 12:05:58 pm »

Bugs:
1. With new Auto Expand logic, MC keeps auto-collapsing nodes when you navigate away from a node...PLEASE don't do that, MC, please!!  Or, add an Auto Collapse checkbox that we can disable.

2. On a mass File Move, if MC hits an error (duplicate) and you click Cancel to the error dialog...MC cancels the request, but updates the library to reflect the remaining unmoved files as moved (to the new location, but they weren't).

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 04:27:48 pm »

I downloaded this build and used it last night with no problems, of course I didn't plug in my iPod.

Well, this afternoon I fired it up and it told me my trial period had expired, so I had to use one of my web restores to get my liscence back.

Also, it did not recognize my iPod's database correctly and asked me if I wanted to format the iPod for MC.  I was forewarned on that one, so it's my own fault for plugging it in.

Dan "da Man"
Pages: [1]   Go Up