INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10.0.64 - How to use view filter?  (Read 1188 times)

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • TiVo-aholic
10.0.64 - How to use view filter?
« on: February 08, 2004, 06:13:52 pm »

Where did the View Filter go in this version?  Im looking for a quick way to block an entire playlist ... We use to be able to set a SKIP - Playlist (whatever) in a menu ...

I can't seem to find it ... I know it's here somewhere. . Can someone point me in the right direction?

dragyn

Re:10.0.64 - How to use view filter?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 06:16:06 pm »

It's now Access Control (View Filter / Playback Filter)

It's at the top in one of the menus.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 09:35:38 pm »

I don't think that's it. I too was just looking to use filter... but Access Control is overkill; I need a password to exclude Christmas music 11 months of the  year?

I tried it just in case, and now I'm stuck. I thought I told it to exclude Christmas, but I must have said include. And now it won't recognize my password (and I know I'm using the right password--I wrote it down not 2 seconds after creating it, and was able to get back in at least one using it. And yes, I tried it with caps on just in case).

So... How can I get out of this? Can't say I'm quite in the mood for Christmas music just yet (or stilll...)
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 09:43:48 pm »

Yeah, that's it.

10.0.34 (1/14/03)
10. NEW: Added Access Control system -- replaces View and Playback filters. (still a work in progress)

It's kinda worded wrong. Whatever rule you put in, that's what shows (or not shows)...just like the search window.

Password is here: HKCU\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\AccessControlPassword
It's pretty tight security.  :P

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 09:52:51 pm »

Hey, I figured it out all by my lonesome!

I'm in major re-organizing mode and couldn't afford to stop... So I went into the registry, changed the value for "Global Filter" to
-Genre=Christmas instead of Genre=Christmas, and then while I was at it, put in the password.  I can't believe I figured this out on my own. I'm so proud of myself!  And btw, the password in the registry - it's not even hidden. I typed it in there, and there it is, plain as day!
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up