INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.67 beta available  (Read 2880 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.67 beta available
« on: February 11, 2004, 05:17:17 pm »

Media Center 10.0.67 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

Please keep a list of issues you find and report them with each build until we have addressed them.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10067.exe

IMPORTANT -- This build includes a reworked handheld system.  Only IPOD and WMDM players currently work.  Tread lightly if handheld support is important to you.

10.0.67 (2/11/04)

1. Changed: Portable transfers will notify users of duplicates based on Artist/Album/Name/Genre/Track Number matching.
2. Changed: More robust error reporting for problems during synchronization to iPod.
3. Fixed: Possible errors during initialization for iPod.

10.0.66 (2/10/04)

1. Fixed: iPod database would corrupt if multiple file transfers would fail.
2. Fixed: iPod rebuild database from iPod feature works again.
3. Changed: iPod sync matching includes Track Number.
4. Changed: iPod indexing issues which could have caused bad results.
5. Fixed: WMDM detection of removable type portables.
6. Changed: DirectX video viewer no longer using "windowless" VMR control.
7. Fixed: Screensaver wouldn't always get re-enabled when returning from full screen mode.

10.0.65 (2/9/04)

1. Changed: iPod will store files numerically, not by filename to solve foreign character issue and any possible error code 80 problems.
2. Fixed: Inability to play Audible files on iPod.
3. New: Persistence of 'Year' for iPod.
4. Fixed: Permissions on iPod read only files are modified to allow file deletions.
5. Fixed: Possible crash during initialize on iPod.
6. Fixed: Problems related to files where no Artist,Album,Genre or Name are present.
7. Fixed: File error codes will return on separate lines in dialog for iPod.
8. Changed: No longer necessary to intialize when going from older 10 to new 10 for synching to work for iPod.
9. Changed: Action Windows have minimize / restore buttons.
10. Changed: Opening a video happens in a separate thread so MC won't lock while it's working.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

Re:Media Center 10.0.67 beta available
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 05:29:11 pm »

Bug:
1. MC adds a temporary New Artist to Artist pane sometimes...if you click in the Artist pane, it disappears...I see this problem all the time when navigating veiws like this one (you have to select one track in the content list):

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 05:44:06 pm »

I see all these nice little Ipod fixes... How about the Nomad fixes??

Any idea whan the Nomad Jukebox 3 will work propperly again?

-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 05:47:03 pm »

Fixed the link.

I see all these nice little Ipod fixes... How about the Nomad fixes??

Any idea whan the Nomad Jukebox 3 will work propperly again?

Hopefully in a few builds.  Thanks for hanging in there.

1. MC adds a temporary New Artist to Artist pane sometimes...if you click in the Artist pane, it disappears...I see this problem all the time when navigating veiws like this one (you have to select one track in the content list):

That's tagging mode, and is by design.  You can use the checkboxes to change the values of the selected files.

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 05:56:07 pm »

That's tagging mode, and is by design.  You can use the checkboxes to change the values of the selected files.

Weird...I don't have tagging mode enabled either...just pops up out of the 'blue' with those tagging mode checkboxes...but, if you think that's OK...well, I guess :-X .  I never use tagging mode, but I get to be annoyed/disturbed by the "New Artist" display all the time....cool feature (who would have thought of that?).

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 06:38:18 pm »

Hopefully in a few builds.  Thanks for hanging in there.

Cool.. Thanks

8)
-

markp99

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 07:07:19 pm »

.67 on iPod:

No paylists
No audible book playback

rocketsauce

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 08:24:03 pm »

Installation does not complete in Win98. Media Center 10 - Install Wizard shows as not responding in Task Manager and have to kill the installation. Then receive this error when starting MC:

Critical Error: Failed To Create Playback Zone

Rob

9O3q1NJ9eyz42Jf9

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 08:30:52 pm »

Bug: Trailing slash is added to end of URLs in the "Filename (path)" field.

To reproduce:

Try modifying the "Filename (path)" field of a playlist entry to point it to a PLS playlist file (such as http://radiost.sc.llnwd.net:12570/listen.pls).  Media Center will not let it be changed to this:

http://radiost.sc.llnwd.net:12570/listen.pls

But rather forces a trailing slash on the end, and makes the URL invalid, as follows:

http://radiost.sc.llnwd.net:12570/listen.pls/

If you separately set the "Filename (path)" field to be http://radiost.sc.llnwd.net:12570/ and the "Filename (name)" field to listen.pls, the stream still will not load ("Unknown error").

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 10:27:54 pm »

9O3q1NJ9eyz42Jf9:

Please see this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19146

rocketsauce:

I tried an install of the latest on a fresh Win98 SE machine the other day, and it worked.  Maybe you could start a new thread and we could dig some more.

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2004, 10:40:27 pm »

Any way to make tagging mode not come on by default?  It confuses the heck out of me.  I mean, one second it's there and I click on something else and it's not there.  I'm only trying to build a playlist....

Dan "da Man"

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2004, 01:15:36 am »

* When launching a TV Channel in Theatre Mode with Space Bar, it doesn't launch the selected TV Channel but takes the first one in the list.  

* Could we have the recording options and DVD controls in Theatre Mode in a more obvious place then in Playing Now/Display Options/... ?
And/Or have MC Commands for these actions  

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2004, 01:18:49 am »

When synching the ipod, songs that have a playcount of "1" on the ipod seem to be increasing the playcount on Media Center by 2.
I did a couple of quick tests, and this happened 4 out of 5 times on one synch and 2 out of 2 times on another.

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2004, 02:39:28 am »

Thanks for fixing videos.  I can watch my mpg videos on my TV monitor again.  ;D

One small minor bug:  When playing videos Mc is displaying the logo between each video for a couple of seconds instead of black.  

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2004, 04:07:22 am »

Just noticed this:
Audio CD playback pauses every so often while MC10 is buffering.

Media Center 10.0.67 -- F:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3398 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 712 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive E: SONY     DVD RW DRU-500A    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 05:11:34 am »

Here's my report.  I have a 3G 40 GB iPod connected by Firewire, running Win98SE.  Explorer assigns the iPod drive L.  I have run the Apple 2.1 updater restore and have initialized it since build 10.0.65.

I prefer to keep all of my music on the iPod to spare hard drive space, and therefore import everything from the subdirectories of "L:\iPod_Control\Music\".  If I upload more files manually, then try to import again, I will always get duplicate listings in the media library, with identical file names and locations shown.  I've tried using the update library tool and checking "update database fields from file tags", but it doesn't help.  I have 522 songs currently after recently uploading 23 songs, and performing an import caused over 200 new listings.  I think duplicate listings can pop up in the media library by merely playing songs, all the way through or not.  Maybe a "last accessed" file attribute is being applied to the files whenever iPod loads each song and if MC could ignore this, the problem would go away.  It's such a useless thing in Windows, though, because if you check the properties of any file, it says it was accessed in the same day.  To work around this, I simply clear the library and import fresh.

I started using build 64, and at least since then, clearing the library erases any smartlists and playlists.  The recently imported, recently played and top hits lists remain, however.

Since at least 9.1.316, if I change a rating using the iPod, MC detects the new rating when I look at the changed songs under Drives & Devices, but even if I clear the library and import again, the old rating remains.  It affects smartlists sensitive to ratings; for example, I have a list for just 5 star songs and I changed some ratings from 5 to 4 in the iPod and under L, it shows 4 stars, but in the library, the changed songs still show 5 stars.  I don't know about any build of 10, but in 9.1.316, uninstalling or performing a "rebuild database from iPod" seems to remove several, if not all of the ratings that were made using the iPod (resetting them on the iPod as well).  Synchronizing and checking "sync data to MC" is the only way I know to remedy this.

Synchronizing in build 65 was a vast improvement over MC9 for me, as synchronizing does not create anymore duplicate files.  However, since build 66, unless I just got lucky with 65, sometimes after a sync, the iPod would have no playlists.  I've found that just sticking the iPod back in the dock without closing MC and waiting around, the lists somehow just show up after a while.

When tagging mp3s, clicking in the Name field causes dramatic slowdown.  This goes away if I click on Yes to clear database fields when clearing the library.

In the action window, the text and icon for "handheld player" flickers constantly whenever MC is busy performing an action.

I don't know if this was ever addressed, but in 9.1.316, if I delete a file on the iPod through the media library, it leaves a missing file hole with the iPod database, only fixable by performing a rebuild database from iPod.

The "eject iPod" command never worked for me in any version of MC.  I always use the tray icon to disconnect.  Ejecting under "My Computer" never worked either, however.

Right-clicking on L and selecting "import iPod data into MC" always gives me an error reading "Some handheld files are not in MC database and could not be updated."  Below that message is a long, jumbled listing of song titles, album titles and artists.
http://members.aol.com/robobum/mc10error.gif

One more thing, but it's just a pet peeve.  The standard windows colors have the tool-tips shown with black font on yellow background.  I have my settings to show a white font on blue background, but for some reason, tool-tips in MC are blue background, black font, which I have to kinda squint to read.

Keep up the good work.  I appreciate the progress being made.

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2004, 08:30:13 am »

rocketsauce,

What flavor of Win 98 are you using? Is it Win 98 or Win 98 SE?

Nikolay

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 10:49:07 am »

When the Playing playlist includes files that are missing from the drive, MC will not skip over the missing files to play the next song in the playlist; it will just stop playing.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up