INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV boot up to wrong channel & no picture…  (Read 4714 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
TV boot up to wrong channel & no picture…
« on: February 11, 2004, 03:47:20 pm »

Each time I boot Win XP, MC will load the TV (as I want) but it is not on the channel when I logged off of Windows.  It will always come up with channel 2 & no picture; just a black screen.

If I delete “VideoSVideo” under the sort button, then re-load the TV it will come up to the correct channel (with picture).

I can then close down MC, re-lead MC & it will still be on the correct channel with picture.

The wrong channel & no picture only happens after a Windows XP boot.

Have been having this problem for the last 10 or so builds.

MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re:TV boot up to wrong channel & no picture…
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 02:17:25 pm »

Could it be that Windows is trying to start TV even before the system registry is ready to be used? Is such thing possible? I am shooting in the dark here.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DocLotus

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 02:42:49 pm »

I do have a new TV card... an ATI A-I-W 9600 Pro with FM tuner which has the FM built into the TV tuner.  I'm wondering if that may be part of the problem & MC may be getting a little confused with the new tuner ?
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 04:22:24 pm »

I am using the same card. How do you set it up so it starts when Windows starts?

DocLotus

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 05:28:40 pm »

Start what ?

ATI FM Radio ?
ATI TV ?
MC TV ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 08:14:53 am »

MC TV of course. Oh, you were not saying that you had Windows automatically start MC TV? It's just after rebooting Windows you can not run MC TV (manually) correctly? I think I might have misunderstood you.

DocLotus

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 09:57:01 am »

Hi Yaobing;

I have MC start the TV automatically upon loading.  That is when it comes up with the wrong channel (Ch 2) & no picture.

I can close out MC TV then reopen MC TV & it will then come up with the correct channel (the last one I viewed before shutting down the computer) with picture.

This has been happening for the last 10 or so builds.  It used to work correctly.

I do not know if it is a problem with MC or maybe the new 9600 Pro video card.

You asked how to load MC TV automatically…
•   Add MC to your Startup Group so it loads.
•   Under MC Options go to Startup.
•   Under Interface select “Last Exit View”.
•   Under Action check “Start playing current playlist”.
•   Under Startup Page select “Playing Now”.

Cheers :D ;D 8)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 05:46:36 pm »

OK, I understand what you mean now. But I can not reproduce it on my machine. Every time I restart Windows, MC TV does start in last played channel correctly.

I have the same TV card as you do. The driver and MMC were installed off the CD that came with the device (I did not attempt to install updated ones from ATI site).

Additionally, I am using MC 10.0.70.

DocLotus

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 06:03:41 pm »

Hi Yaobing;

I just downloaded 10.0.70.

Now there is a new problem... MC TV now shows the image for the correct channel from the last time Windows was shut down but the sound is from something else.

If I unload MC TV then reload MC TV all is well (until the next shutdown & Windows bootup).

DocLotus

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2004, 11:13:00 am »

Just noticed something...

I found that I can simply exit MC, reload MC & the TV will come up with the correct channel with picture.

So, I don't understand why it messes up after booting Windows XP.  It will come up with the last channel viewed but the sound is messed up with a lot of noise & hiss.

DocLotus

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2004, 05:39:41 am »

Thought I would update this thread.

Do not know where, when, or what version of MC, but the problem is gone.

Might of been a newer MC, ATI, or Win XP update that fixed the problem but it is fixed  ;D

DocLotus

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 09:47:28 am »

Installed MC11 & the problem is back.  It loads to channel 2 which is not where I left it after shutting down Windows.

This is only a problem when loading MC11 after a Windows boot up.  It is ok for the rest of that Windows session.  I can close MC11, re-load MC11 & it will load to the last channel played just fine.

DocLotus

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2004, 12:45:10 pm »

Thought I would update this thread...

TV Boot up to wrong channel sound...

Each time I boot Win XP, MC will load the TV (as I want) but it will always have the sound from channel 2 no matter which channel the image is actually on.

* If I delete VideoSVideo under the sort button, then re-load the TV, it will then come up with the correct sound for the current channel.

* The wrong channel sound only happens after a Windows XP boot.

*  Have been having this problem for the last 20 or so builds.

* The ATI TV tuner does not have this problem; it seems to be unique to MC TV.  The ATI TV tuner always boots up to the last channel viewed; MC TV does not (always channel 2 sound for the first loading after booting the computer).
Pages: [1]   Go Up