INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video crossfade plugin - any chance?  (Read 2104 times)

Laffer

• Junior Woodchuck
Video crossfade plugin - any chance?
« on: February 13, 2004, 12:10:36 pm »

I don't know if this is possible via a plugin, but......

If anyone on here is a bit of a guru with the MC sdk and has done any video coding, how do you fancy developing such an item?

I would be willing to pay upto $100 for the plugin providing it works stabily and reliably.

The reason I need such an item is I am a pro DJ that uses promo videos at gigs (at the moment not very effectively with MC's stop, pause, start fucntionality between vids).

I know the actual crossfading can be done in realtime as it's already been done (see http://www.tricerasoft.com/swiftelite.html) but the software that does it I don't particularly like (much prefer MC) and seems relatively unstable (at least on my computer!).

Anyways, cheers for reading :)

Laffer.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Video crossfade plugin - any chance?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 03:01:04 pm »

i don't think it is possible
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 01:56:37 pm »

Not until MC starts decoding all video formats internally. Currently, we don't have any plans to do that. The task is very complex, time consuming, and license intensive.

Short unswer: NO.

Nikolay

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 04:52:11 pm »

This is probably totally of the wall, but...
Couldn't you play the video on a DirectX surface and as you come to the end create another DirectX surface behind it with the next video and slowly alter the transparency of the foreground surface to crossfade between them?  From what I understand, that's how most of the Ken Burns type effect slideshows are created and I believe DirectX surfaces (or whatever they're really called) can display video.

I'm fully prepared to be wrong here, but thought I'd throw it out there on the off chance I had a decent idea for once :)

-John
Pages: [1]   Go Up