INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC at a LAN party  (Read 853 times)

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
MC at a LAN party
« on: February 17, 2004, 04:59:54 am »

Hey everybody, how you all doing?

I'm heading to a LAN party in the next couple of weeks for some serious gaming and video-card meltage :)

I was wanting to show off Media Center to everybody there by setting up a "jukebox" machine: Run Media Center on one dedicated machine, with nice sounds, and a big fat library.
My idea was that everyone at the LAN could then remoteley connect somehow (NetRemote?) and manipulate the current playlist.

Thing is, NetRemote is cool, but it lacks that wow factor. Also, with NetRemote, users are able to completey delete the current playlist, etc, I just want people to be able to add files to the end of Playing Now.

Is there a way to:
a) Pretty-up the NetRemote interface
b) Set up permissions so that people can't remove files from the list by just playing a single track.

Any ideas?

Scott.

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
Re:MC at a LAN party
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 05:50:17 am »

Is there a way to:
a) Pretty-up the NetRemote interface

Ok, so editing the "styles.css" file in your MC/Data directory seems to help, but the problem is the HTML output from NetRemote is pretty bare, so there's not really a lot of customisation that can go on.

Anyone know of any other preferably more customisable remote interfaces to MC?

Scott.

jleerigby

Re:MC at a LAN party
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 06:19:47 am »

Music lobby is another interface but I wouldn't say it's more customisable.  Also it's expensive and there are some limitations to the trial version.  Sorry I can't think of anything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up