INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.70 beta available  (Read 6650 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 10.0.70 beta available
« on: February 13, 2004, 04:55:46 pm »

Media Center 10.0.70 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

Please keep a list of issues you find and report them with each build until we have addressed them.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10070.exe

IMPORTANT -- This build includes a reworked handheld system.  Only IPOD, WMDM, and Nomad Jukebox players currently work (for Nomads, please install new plug-in 9.0.33).  Tread lightly if handheld support is important to you.

10.0.70 (2/13/04)
1. Changed: Changing the frame rate of visualizations no longer requires a playback restart.
2. NEW: Search post process commands (start with ~) are evaluated in order, and multiple of the same command can be used. (some advanced smartlists may need to be tuned to work)
3. Fixed: Smartlists wouldn't update on-the-fly while editing them.
4. NEW: Added an option to "Auto show when playback stops" to Theater View.
5. Fixed: Starting TV playback from Theater View wouldn't always start with the correct channel.
6. Fixed: Playing Now wouldn't always update properly when removing duplicates.
7. Fixed: Download Manager was leaking memory.
8. Fixed: MC was incorrectly reporting duration of streams in ASX files.
9. Fixed: Handheld action window was accepting streaming files.
10. Fixed: Better checking is done regarding the type of files being dropped onto a Handheld device.
11. Changed: Auto selection of CD burn mode (audio or data) happens in some cases, depending on file types.
12. Fixed: iPod playlists would not save if player disconnected from outside of MC.
13. Fixed: WMDM uploads broken in last MC build.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Media Center 10.0.70 beta available
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 05:07:21 pm »

1. The option to 'start in last location' does not work if Audio filter is applied to the Media Library;  MC starts in the 'start' page instead.
2.  Audio CD playback pauses in the middle of songs while MC10 is buffering.

ferran9

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 05:14:35 pm »

Action Window does not remember the Minimize/Restore state when closing and opening the application

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 05:42:44 pm »

Well Nomad is kinda working....

Freezes on some tracks... Not really sure why.
Also after you do anything it will cycle through the track count of the nomad twice...

Why does it cycle th+rough the tracks anyway??
-

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 05:48:36 pm »

"Added an option to "Auto show when playback stops" to Theater View"

Thanks for this!

Platu

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 06:04:30 pm »

There is a new problem... MC TV now shows the image for the correct channel from the last time Windows was shut down but the sound is from something else.

If I unload MC TV then reload MC TV all is well (until the next shutdown & Windows bootup).
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Sauzee

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2004, 03:26:30 am »

MC won't start with this build. I git a popup "Invalid argument".  Went back to 10.0.68 and all was OK again.

Media Center Registered 10.0.68 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1997 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 542 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive G:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive H:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav

Burning /  Drive F: CD-RW    CDR-6S48           Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2004, 03:52:18 am »

I'm getting some bizarre rip speed readings in MC.  The first track of Yellow Brick Road gave me readings in the 50x to 70x range at one point.  The drive (Plextor Premium) should only be reading up to 40x since I don't have the "speed read" enabled.

I'm also seeing the drive light pulse on and off even on tracks that are not requiring re-reads -- i.e. they all report %100 afterward.  Is this normal?  Are these rips actually reliable?

Thanks,

Larry

Sauzee

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2004, 04:13:38 am »

MC is not reading the name label on data CD's.  This makes catalouging of data CD's difficult.

ZRocker

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2004, 07:39:24 am »

Bugs (for a while now):
1. The burner logic is messed up on it's size and percent full guestimate when building a CD burn list...using 700meg CD-R/RWs, MC thinks the max is 685meg (data CD) and says I'm 'over capacity' at 700meg (103%).  This used to work (no error warning) in MC 9.1 and much earlier MC 10.0 builds...the burns at 103% are fine (no errors)...just MC complaining everytime about 'over capacity'.

2. On a mass File Move, if MC hits an error (duplicate) and you click Cancel to the error dialog...MC cancels the request, but updates the library to reflect the remaining unmoved files as moved (to the new location, but they weren't).

We'll fix this.  Don't worry about it.  Please give us a couple more builds to try to get it right.
3. Per JimH, the Auto Expand logic will be 'made right' (or tweaked) so that auto collapse doesn't happen...friendly reminder to 'fix' Auto Expand as well (can't use it these days as is...auto collapsing just gets in the way and frustrates the user).

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2004, 11:15:12 am »

Just noticed something...

I found that I can simply exit MC, reload MC & the TV will come up with the correct channel with picture.

So, I don't understand why it messes up after booting Windows XP.  It will come up with the last channel viewed but the sound is messed up with a lot of noise & hiss.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

ged

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2004, 11:50:28 am »

when synching with iPod playlists now work! :)
 BUT....... ratings set on the iPod don' get imported to MC. :(
Back to 10.0.38 again :-\

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2004, 01:01:37 pm »

3. Per JimH, the Auto Expand logic will be 'made right' (or tweaked) so that auto collapse doesn't happen...

I just wanted to mention that I personally do like some amount of auto-collapsing -- I just prefer that the main "media type" items stay expanded by default as they did before.

Larry

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2004, 02:01:14 pm »

i like the new features especially the improved hairstyle mode, the permenant search function at top right of screen and the quick link buttons (audio, video etc.) top right also.

I had a couple of suggestions for improvements (not bugs though). Id be interested to see if others would like to see these things changed also:

1) In 'playing now' i use the track info page 'neo tropic'. i think it would be better if it scaled the thumbnail size so that it was constant (like 'dreamstate' does). i set up playing now so that i can have some info on the current track and also see the next 10 or so tracks. When the track has a larger jpeg image associated it then falls off the bottom of the page.

2) I dont think that the 'TV tuner' and 'Web media' should be inside another directory. These should appear in the root directory. I can never remember where either of them are located. I think these are important components and should not be 'hidden' like that.

thanks and keep up the good work.

rocketsauce

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2004, 02:35:24 pm »

The problem I was having installing a new build over an old build in Win98 seems to have disappeared with this build.  :)

Rob

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2004, 06:55:10 pm »

Action Window - Burn CD

does not honor the cd burner I  selected in Options as the default...

nor does it remember which cd burner I selected when burning another cd in the same session....

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2004, 05:33:35 am »

iPod support now works OK for me - thanks for the fixes! The transfer starts much faster now, so everything related to iPod sync "feels" much better than in previous builds.

One bug is left, though - iPod ratings are not set in the mc database. Please fix this - rating on the iPod was one of the reasons for me to buy a (very expensive) G3 iPod... (:

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2004, 12:33:00 pm »

Can't install .70 version download doesn't respond to cammands this build is mainly for ipods and that's not addressing my needs anyway. beside Mc don't support my handheld anyway.  So I'll stick with .68 until another build come out.  No problems with 68 here.

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2004, 05:36:51 pm »

I've still got the problem with installation. It hangs during the install process and the only way of getting round the problem is to delete the JRiver program folder. This is a big nuisance as I then lose all my views and have to reload the library. It's been like this since release 10.0.60

Jim

Media Center Registered 10.0.70 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 602 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 19 MB
Resource Info: System - 48 %, GDI - 63 %, User - 48 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700 / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2004, 06:28:23 pm »

1. MC10 will not play files from WMDM portable device if I double click them from within MC10 (Error message: MC cannot play files from this device).  However, when I click on the same file in Windows Explorer MC 10 plays it just fine.

2.  MC 10 doesn't read the tags correctly from WMDM iRiver (Artist, Genre, bit rate, etc.., are blank), while Windows Explorer displays the tag information from the iRiver correctly.

SteveG

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2004, 10:00:47 pm »

mkutsen,

What model iRiver?

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2004, 11:33:40 pm »

pipsqueak

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2004, 12:29:51 am »

I've still got the problem with installation. It hangs during the install process and the only way of getting round the problem is to delete the JRiver program folder. This is a big nuisance as I then lose all my views and have to reload the library. It's been like this since release 10.0.60

Jim - i had that issue when i upgraded from jukebox to mc9.1. it took me ages to get around the problem but eventually i jotted down the number of the file it hung on, and then deleted that file from my HDD, then it installed fine on next start.

the problem is figuring out in which order mc scans the files. i cant remember now, but if you flick around your older version you should be able to figure it out.

Pip

pipsqueak

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2004, 12:36:14 am »

couple more points:

1) Why is the search toolbar [top right hand side of screen] (not active when im looking at my smartlists). When im scanning files and i think of a certain song i have to go to my audio files, then search. Cant you make the function available all the time?

2) The way to set up columns to view has changed - and become much more confusing. necessary? i thought the old way was better

3) If i right click on the playing now window and bring up the menu, then choose 'quick play' then 'media library' all the options are repeated twice - is this right?

thanks

jleerigby

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2004, 01:14:06 am »

You could use Library Manager to locate your library in another directory, perhaps where your MP3s are so they are all backed up together.  You should also backup your library before you install each new build.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2004, 05:38:05 am »

At the top of this thread, it mentions getting the latest Nomad Jukebox plugin (V 9.0.33). I just downloaded and installed the latest plugin available from the plugins page (even though the plugin page says it's version 9.0.31), and the plugin manager tells me it's version 9.0.32, and it doesn't work properly with my Nomad 3. It crashes frequently for no apparent reason, doesn't seem to show the contents of the jukebox properly, and what it does show takes ages to appear.

Seems very broken to me.

Where can I find the latest (V 9.0.33) version of the Nomad plugin??

Cheers
Rob

SteveG

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2004, 09:29:03 am »

Lunchmeat,

Please be sure you are downloading from the MC 10 plugins page. I just checked and the version there is listed as 9.0.33 and that is what installs when I download it. Please double check and let me know if that is not the case for you.

SteveG

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2004, 11:31:23 am »

mkutsen,

I have a iRiver ifp-380T, but it does not show up in Windows Explorer, only in iRiver's Music Manager. Does WMP allow you to access this player?

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2004, 02:31:01 pm »

imjustagamer,

Thanks for testing this. Can you give me any more to go on with the freezing? Can you send some of the freezing files separately to see if something is going on. If so, perhaps I can get one of those files.

In regards to the cycling through the tracks, this should only happen once, and only after you either upload, delete or rename a file. Can you give an example of when you see it twice?

Thanks,

Steve

rocketsauce

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2004, 02:35:01 pm »

Jim

I was having this problem also. Installation would hang when installing a new build over an old build, although it didn't occur when I installed 10.0.70 over 10.0.69.

Anyway, the solution to not losing your views is to not delete the old J River folder. Instead, rename the Media Center folder (that is inside the J River folder) to something like Media Center.old and then install the new build. Then copy the Data folder from Media Center.old to the Media Center folder of the new installation. You should then have all your views and playlists.

Rob

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2004, 03:37:29 pm »

Oops!

Lunchmeat is a silly boy!

Thanks SteveG!

I was looking at the wrong plugins page. Been staring at my screen too long, methinks...

Cheers
Rob

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2004, 03:56:30 pm »

mkutsen,

I have a iRiver ifp-380T, but it does not show up in Windows Explorer, only in iRiver's Music Manager. Does WMP allow you to access this player?

Steve

I downloaded a firmware update from their web site that flashes 390 to a WMDM device.

SteveG

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2004, 04:59:35 pm »

mkutsen,

I just tried the new firmware with my 380T, but no luck viewing it in Explorer. Have you or can you try with WMP?

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up