INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It takes a real long time for Media Center 9 & 10 to see my Dell Digital Jukebox  (Read 908 times)

carlo3874

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.

Hello,

It seems to take a real long time for Media Center 9 & 10 to see my Dell Digital Jukebox. My PC has a Asus P4B266 MB, P4 1.6g chip. I configured MC to enable WMDM portables. Is there anything else I could do?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe

Is the slowness when you expand the tree under "CD, DVD and Handhelds" or when you click on the drive letter and MC retrieves information from the Dell?

Steve

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...

Steve,

It seems this is the same problem that I mentioned in the beta-forum:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19282

There is another post there from LunchmeatVoom that reports this.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe

plopje,

Thanks, for WMDM players, it is actually a different issue. In regards to yours, we are going to rework the way removable drive type players cache the file information to optimize the speed of connections very soon.

Steve

carlo3874

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.

**Is the slowness when you expand the tree under "CD, DVD and Handhelds" or when you click on the drive letter and MC retrieves information from the Dell?**

There is slowness when I try to expand the tree under "CD, DVD, and Handhelds" and when MC tries to retrieve info from my Dell Jukebox. Sometimes I'll get a message asking me to "Abort, Switch to, Cancel" if it locks up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up