INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.76 beta available  (Read 4180 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.76 beta available
« on: February 23, 2004, 04:23:51 pm »

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

Please reserve this thread for obvious bugs.  If you're not sure, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.

Please keep a list of issues you find and report them with each build until we have addressed them.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10076.exe

IMPORTANT -- This build includes a re-worked handheld system.  Only IPOD, WMDM, and Nomad Jukebox players currently work (for Nomads, please install the new plug-in).  Tread lightly if handheld support is important to you.

10.0.76 (2/23/04)

1. Changed: In "Customize Current View", moving a new column up will jump past all the unselected columns. (eliminates unnecessary clicks)
2. Fixed: Starting image playback without first going to Playing Now could crash on some systems.
3. Fixed: Action Window art would have white borders on systems that didn't support alpha icons. (Win9x / ME)
4. Fixed: Drag-n-drop of files to My Computer in the tree could crash.
5. Fixed: Switching between audio and data CD burning mode wouldn't show / hide the CD name entry box.
6. Fixed: Data burning with files not in Media Library would be forced to "Same as Original" folder naming. (instead of honoring the user's setting)
7. Fixed: Dropping a file to burn on the right view of a CD drive would add it to the queue twice.
8. Fixed: Dropping data folders to the Action Window burn area wouldn't honor the folder naming.
9. Fixed: Media Center does a better job of accepting MJR files that have been corrupted by virus or spam filters.
10. Fixed: The status bar didn't properly update in CD views.
11. Changed: Synchronization for portables will send MC rating info to portable if 'Update tag from Portable' is deselected.
12. Fixed: If playlist names changed in MC between synchs, the old playlist would not be removed from Portable.
13. Changed: Added a checkbox option to opt out of sending playlist info on synch to portables for players that are very slow in doing this.
14. Changed: TiVo now starts in "Audio" or "Images" as appropriate.
15. Fixed: Quicktime videos showing up as 'Audio'. (use Update Library (from tags) to correct)

10.0.75 (2/20/04)

1. Changed: Skins can now specify the Action Window list colors separate from other Action Window colors. (see Blue Steel for example)
2. Fixed: AAC tag reading could crash in some cases.
3. Fixed: AAC tag reading supports entire genre list. (instead of only certain genres)
4. Fixed: AAC tag reading wouldn't always import the year.
5. Changed: AAC tag reading much faster.
6. Fixed: CD burn action window has improved logic for drag drop of files with changes to burn mode, drive letter, etc.
7. Fixed: Right-click on non customizable toolbars would still show a "Customize Toolbar" option.
8. Changed: Action Window and file lists have unique window names for easier access with automation tools like Girder.

10.0.74 (2/19/04)

1. Fixed: MC could prompt to rebuild the database on a removable drive handheld multiple times if it was empty.
2. Fixed: Certain advanced searches could cause an "Invalid argument" error message.
3. Fixed: Offline synchronized files could crash MC.
4. Fixed: Download Manager displays "Finished" status (instead of "Cancelled") when a resumed download is cancelled again.
5. Fixed: MC was unable to play preview files from Wal-Mart's web site.
6. Fixed: MC was not visible in task bar if invoked through automation interface.
7. Fixed: Several actions could cause the playing now scroll position to be lost. (Mini View and Standard View)
8. Changed: After a reshuffle in Playing Now, MC will show the currently playing file.
9. Fixed: Synching a handheld player without first starting the handheld Action Window could crash MC.
10. Changed: Updated the look of Action Window. (smaller icons, different background color, removed header images, etc.)
11. Fixed: Mouse back button behavior wasn't consistent in the Action Window.
12. Changed:  Removed iPod "Show files at root" option.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ipodman

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re:Media Center 10.0.76 beta available
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 04:56:13 pm »

Bug...
When picking the startup view,  MC does not start in audio view if it is selected as startup view.. instead, it still starts in "Start".  In additon, idf "last view is selected", it still starts in "Start"

ooo I posted first :)

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 05:39:00 pm »

A few things:

- 3D Picture Cube is still not working in that it always remains on the first song played.  I feel like a broken record, but I"ll keep reminding you.

- The new TiVo changes cause one to no longer have access to Playlists/Smartlists.  Also, I had set up a root-level TiVo group which had view schemes set-up particularly for TiVo (groupings and sortings) which is no longer accessible.  That could be moved under Audio I suppose to get it back.  Also, for some reason, when it now goes to the list of the view schemes, it also lists every single genre.

-J

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 06:31:37 pm »

Audible files are still not playing over Media Server (this was working fine with 9.1.)  Trying to play these files via Media Server sometimes causes MC to lock up or crash, and the process "Media Jukebox.e" is left running in the Task Manager.  This can prevent MC from launching again until this process is manually "ended."

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 06:34:58 pm »

WMA radio stations are still not working.

The "speed" selection for radio station searches isn't working -- it has no effect on the search results.

Larry

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 06:40:30 pm »

when one track changes to another the tag info doesnt update. so if i want to categorize both songs i have to exit the first window, then re-bring up tag for the 2nd song. i think it would be easier if tag info just updated itself as one song rolled on to the next.

thanks

also id really love to hear if you were planning to change the neotropic and dreamstate views so that the entire jpeg or all the lyrics could be seen, as currently they fall off the bottom of the screen

thanks

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 09:18:42 pm »

a few other points:

1) the last couple of builds seem quite unstable. often when i load up the program the intro screen will falsh up but the program wont load (although it is in taskmanager)

2) ive found the program occassionally takes huge amount of memory for no aparent reason. upwards of 80mb... pretty soon after it tends to crash. Sometimes this is associated with certain plugins, but othertimes it appears entirely random - sorry i cant give more details

thanks

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 11:30:39 pm »

My picture cube is working fine if I start mc in 3d visual. But if I switch it from 3D to images I get a error switching back to 3D Visualations Picture cube . I use see a plain white box floating across the screen. now when if crashes I seea error can't display 3D Visual . So I just close a restart MC and it'll play fine until I switch displays, Generaly between Images and 3D visual.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2004, 11:31:17 am »

I very much like the new Audio icon, good work!
pretend this is something funny

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2004, 11:52:36 am »

When trying to 'customize view' for an imported playlist, if I select a tag field, then right-click on the AW header to try to 'customize view', nothing happens.  I can only 'customize view' when I have no tag fileds selected.  I have to click another playlist, then re-select the playlist I want, then right-click the header to 'customize view'.

On a related note, I really like that I can preset a view I like, and just select it from the list.  I just wish I could do it for the 'Imported Playlists' header in the tree, instead of having to select each sub-playlist and customize them one at a time.

Being able to select the main category in a playlist would also help one of my Smartlists.  I want to be able to create random music CDs that only have one song per artist per CD, and I don't want to have any one song duplicated across the CDs I burn.  So now I have to create 5 or 10 playlists at a time (Mix 1, Mix 2, Mix 3, etc) and tell the Smartlist not to include any songs already in the playlists already created (by selecting them individually), pretty soon I have 50 playlists excluded in one smartlist, pretty tedious.  I keep all of these playlists under one Playlist heading called "Mix CDs'.  If I could just reference the main heading 'Mix CDs' in my smartlist, I wouldn't have to keep adding new playlists to exclude to the smartlist everytime I wanted to make new CDs, it would just know not to duplicate anything in that entire sub-directory under 'Mix CDs'.  Does that even make sense?

Is this possible?  Will it get done?  Anyone else think this would benefit them?

Thanks
pretend this is something funny

52girl52

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2004, 11:56:39 am »

Still or New issue in 10.0.76

Item One:

3D Picture Cube is not working properly.  Always remains on the first song played unless you manually stop play and manually go to the next song. This stopped working for me around 10.0.52(?)

Item Two:

File>Library>update Library = When finished, would give you summary of what it did (Yes, I like)

Now, Nothing! No summary goes back to start (NO, I hate this). Now I have to manually check to see if the items I knew should be gone are really gone.

FOLLOW-UP: After powering down and re-starting later: item two (update library) is now working for me?? A little pizzle......

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2004, 12:10:32 pm »

I've just downloaded 10, having been using 9.0 on my HTPC until now. I apologise if any of these are known, but here are my first impressions:

Hairstyle: If I don't have a view scheme called Audio, all my images and videos show up under Audio as well.
Hairstyle: If I right click and do "Configure Theatre View" from Hairstyle, nothing appears to happen. Since Hairstyle is always on top, the configure dialog appears underneath and can't be accessed without switching back to Mega-Me
Mega-Me: I can't save different list modes for different places in the tree. It only seems to remember one list mode per view scheme.
Full-Screen: If you set the display resolution to anything other than "Desktop resolution", start playback with a visualisation running and then switch modes, the vis doesn't display.
Vis Studio: Cover art doesn't always change if OnEquation is set to something complicated. See this thread
Autopan: Very nice. The controls to adjust speed don't seem to do anything, though. Also, it often starts zoomed right in by about 1000%. An option like "Maximum zoom =" would be nice. I'd like somthing that just did slow, small zooms. Also, AutoPan should be an option in Configure Image Playback so that I could have it happen for all slideshows.

Sauzee

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2004, 01:46:17 pm »

1.    MC is still losing cover art on file conversions.

2.   Tags in mpc files being corrupted.

See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19394 for more info.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2004, 02:18:56 pm »

I am having trouble burning a CD using using MC. This is the first time I have attempted burning using MC BTW (so this problem may not be a result of recent changes).

Whenever I burn a Audio CD, I get an error saying

Error writing pre-gap.

And, the CD-R blank CD then ejects. The CD is also now slightly burnt and basically useless. I have already burnt 4 coasters.

I am using

MC 10.0.76
Windows 2000 SP4 with all latest windows updates applied
Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW drive (with latest firmware from Pioneer applied)

Note that I have no problems burning with other softwares. I regularly burn even DVDs without any problem with other software.

Please let me know if you would like to get any more details. I would really really appreciate a solution to this problem.

thanks,
Osho

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2004, 03:25:48 pm »

I am having trouble burning a CD using using MC. This is the first time I have attempted burning using MC BTW (so this problem may not be a result of recent changes).
I also have been unable to burn CDs or DVDs from MC10, in a while. However, I'm seeing a hard crash early in the burn process.

I suspect some kind of conflict with other software, since MC can burn CDs immediately after a clean reformat and windows install, but not thereafter.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2004, 04:43:33 pm »

Perhaps not your problem...
I've had the alternate set of icons for a while now.  I forget who produced them.  The Rip CD function in the Action Window has been missing an icon forever.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2004, 04:53:24 pm »

The "Rip CD" window of the Action Window isn't updating logically/properly.  When I finish a CD, it says "insert another CD or hit close."  If I simply insert another CD, it continues to show the previous rip status.  The only way to get the rip window to update is to close and re-open it.  Until I do this, the "Rip" button does not appear.

Also, if I take one CD out and put another in before ripping either one, I have to close and open the rip window for it to show the new CD's title.  It is not intuitive to have to keep closing and openning the Rip window in order to rip CDs.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up