INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to edit playcounts?  (Read 783 times)

ipodman

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Any way to edit playcounts?
« on: February 17, 2004, 04:10:37 pm »

I'm trying to use my ipod with MC 10.  I realize that Apple doesnt share and so I cant directly sync my playcounts from itunes with MC (which is unfortunate because my counts there are several months old),

When I try to edit play count in MC< it is an uneditable field.  IS there any way yo edit this uneditable field?

I think that  would be a good option if not possible yet

keep up the good work!

ipodman

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re:Any way to edit playcounts?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 09:45:32 am »

A second question is can I reset play counts...

my playcounts are listed in the 10 thousandds- which is an error from an ipod sync.  my highest  playcount should be no more than 10.

I do wish I could manually edit playcounts... that way I can better access my smartlists and make the playlists represent what I listened to (again on ituines which i am switching from i have very detailed playcounts) .  Really, there is no reason this field should not be manually editted byy me,

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re:Any way to edit playcounts?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 10:43:18 am »

Highlight a file. Go to the tag window and look at the "file properties" tag info. When you click in the number of plays field a "clear" button appears.

There is disparity between my "number of plays" and "last played" too. Mainly because of changes in the ipod plugin over time. Last played info gets transeferred across, but i guess that number of plays only gets added to the total in mc. I have hundreds of files with last played dates, but a zero count in number of plays.

I Dont have any suggestions on how to make them match though. Editable number of plays might be one good way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up