INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: zen help, please  (Read 911 times)

bebop

• Citizen of the Universe
zen help, please
« on: February 18, 2004, 11:35:30 am »

So, got the burning problem out of the way...thanks.  Now just a teeny question...I have only used Creative Mediasource to sync my zen and library, how does this work in MC?  I can't seem to find a pointer or button or even a help page to show me how to do this.  Have a 60 GB Zen, and a Huge library...and being a music nut, I like to take it all with me when I travel.  Any and all help is more than appreciated ? ?

Media Center 10.0.72 -- H:\j. river\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2514 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 628 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive G:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-104    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

LonWar

Re:zen help, please
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 12:43:52 pm »

When you have your zen plugged in, Right click the Zen in the tree and select Synch...

Let us know what you think of it compared to MediaSource... I was never able to get the synch in MC to work as fast.
-

bebop

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 10:32:53 am »

Thanks...should have known that when all else fails right click!   Arrgh!!  But it worked and that's what I wanted.  It's slower than using creative mediasource, and I miss being able to have the two libraries side by side to check for errors  and omissions and I really, really miss being able to play the files right from my zen (maybe this could be incorporated in the next build?), but all in all...I like this program.  I can organize, burn, listen to my tunes and get on with organizing my photo's  which I turn into digital albums for family members (I use Power Producer which I really like...again because it is easy to use and has everything in one package).  Thanks  again for all the help! 8)

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 10:38:10 am »

Ya, Using MC to play back Nomad files would be amazing... I have asked for that before and well.....

I am also glad that you find this slower then MS, At least I know it's not my Computer.
Well there is a new plugin Build tonight, Maybe that will address the speed issues...

Hey Steve, Any chance of being able to play Nomad files through MC??
-

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 01:26:23 pm »

In regards to speed, please try the newest plugin (version 9.0.34), speed should improve. In regards to playback within MC, not at this time. Sorry.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up