INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: viewing slide show whilst using other programs  (Read 637 times)

nickharambee

• Galactic Citizen
  • doh!
viewing slide show whilst using other programs
« on: February 20, 2004, 09:42:24 am »

hi,

i would like to be able to view a slide show of images whilst also using other programs. specifically i want to be able to project images using a digital projector without having to have them displayed in full screen mode on my laptop.  i am aware that it is possible to do this with video files using mc9, i.e. there is some feature of video files that enables the projector to display them even when the media center display is minimised on my monitor.  i am also aware that there is some software out there which i can use to convert a slide show into a video file (m-peg 2), which i can then use with my projector like any other video file.  the only problem with this is that my projector has a native resolution of 1028x768 and the max resolution that i have been able to use in converting the slide show to a video file is around 700x450.  the end result is that when i set up a standard slideshow in xp the images are projected clearer than when i convert them to a video file.  so i either need some software that will allow me to convert to a video format with a higher resolution (i.e. 1028x768), or a media/slideshow program that will enable my projector to display the images even when the display window is minimised (so that i can use other programs at the same time).  can anyone make any suggestions to help me.  can i use mc9 to do this?

thanks, nick   ::) ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up