INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can one download and use MC9 if buying a license for MC10?  (Read 855 times)

swegman

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Can one download and use MC9 if buying a license for MC10?
« on: February 20, 2004, 07:52:17 am »

I am new to MC.  I see that MC10 is available for purchase, but that it is not quite ready for prime time.  If I purchase MC10 for $40, will I be able to download MC9.1 to use in the meantime, until the official version of MC10 is released?  Also, does MC10 work properly with Cinermar's MusicLobby/DVDLobby software suite?

Thanks
Steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Can one download and use MC9 if buying a license for MC10?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 08:11:45 am »

I don't know about MusicLobby.  They have a forum where you could probably find out.

A V10 license does not work with V9.

It's pretty close to being ready for prime time.

swegman

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 10:08:31 am »

So, you are saying I should wait to buy the product?  Do you have an idea when the product will be officially (formally) released?

Thanks
Steve

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 07:35:12 am »

If MC10 is the way you want to go then I'd say you should buy it now.  The current version of MC10 contains no showstoppers that I'm aware of except issues with synching to a handheld and I think that most of these have been ironed out now (though I'm not a handheld user).

I've used all the v9.0 and v9.1 and v10 releases and can honestly say that v10 is no more buggy than the latest 9.1, in fact to me it's more stable.

I trialled Music Lobby and it installed and worked fine with 10 but I can't say I gave it a complete run for it's money as I decided not to go ahead with the trial.  However, I did read their forum quite a bit and came across several experienced ML users who were running MC 10.
Pages: [1]   Go Up