INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning mp3 Data Files (playback Sequence)  (Read 882 times)

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Burning mp3 Data Files (playback Sequence)
« on: February 22, 2004, 04:21:23 pm »

When I burn mp3's to cd for playback in my mp3 player in my call, The sequence is different than the sequence in which I burned the CD.  I burned it directly out of Media Jukebox.  I can play it back in the correct order if I play it back thru the Playlist, but that is not an option when playing MP3's thru the player in my car...

jleerigby

Re:Burning mp3 Data Files (playback Sequence)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 04:50:40 pm »

Your car player will play back in file name order (the order they would appear in windows explorer for example).  In the file naming settings you can tell MC to add the burn sequence number to the beginning of the filename so the files play in the order of your choice.  

You'll also need to consider the folder naming convention too as your player will play all files from folder 1 then folder 2 etc.  So if you are burning a load of random tracks rather than albums you'll probably want to burn them in the root folder.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 10:12:38 pm »

You said "Your car player will play back in file name order (the order they would appear in windows explorer for example).  In the file naming settings you can tell MC to add the burn sequence number to the beginning of the filename so the files play in the order of your choice".

How do you include the seq number in the burn so that the songs will be played in the sequence I chose them?

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 10:46:30 pm »

Sorry,   I figured it out.  This is great stuff. Thanks for the help.
For everyone else, simply go to options in Burn menu and check the box to append the seq number to the file name.  this insures the sequence will be correct for playback.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up