INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sound with TV tuner  (Read 823 times)

dtblair

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
sound with TV tuner
« on: March 20, 2004, 12:13:42 pm »

I am trying to get the TV tuner to work with Media Center.  I have a PVR-250MCE tuner and for now, an onboard sound card.  Since there is no PCI sound card, I have no external connections from the tuner to an external sound card.  If I select "direct connect", I get no sound.  If I do not select this option, I get extreme noise.  I am getting video.

The tuner works with other programs including SageTV and WinTV2000

JeffB

• World Citizen
Re:sound with TV tuner
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 02:06:50 pm »

I don't know how that tuner card works, but many require you to plug the sound from the tuner card into the line-in on a sound card.  If you don't have a line-in jack for your onboard sound you may be out of luck.

dtblair

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 02:29:03 pm »

The tuner card is a standard Hauppauge which does not have an audio out.  It generates a wave file through the mother board.  The only program which will not play sound is the Media Center.  I have ripped many CD's into wave files and they play normally.  I am guessing Media Center might be missing some plug in or decoder

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 09:23:48 pm »

Hauppauge PVR250/350 are not yet supported. There maybe other issues than just sound issue.

The only device that MC supports, and does not use a connection to the sound card, is ATI TV Wonder USB Edition.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up