INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC10 = Multi-Zone MCE Killer?  (Read 1543 times)

skavan

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
MC10 = Multi-Zone MCE Killer?
« on: February 24, 2004, 11:58:38 am »

Hi all,

I have a 'can it done' question.
I have been using Win MCE for a while and am trying to switch out the Music component of this experience to MC10 because of MC10's zone capabilities.

The killer app (in my view) would be the MCE interface style with MC10's Zone control added in.
MCE presents a fantastic TV oriented GUI and the thumbnail/visualization interface is really well thought out. I would look to create a Hairstyle that mimiced this navigation paradigm exactly.
Then - on the initial page I would like to see a 'Current Zone' setting.
Then - when MC10 has the capability - one of the playlist selections should be what is being played on a different zone.

This would absolutely rock - and become the standard for whole house audio.

So my questions are:
1. Can this be done as is? If so - how?
2. Can a plug-in be easily written to do this -- if, so point me in the direction...
3. Is this a future version request - if so, when...

MC10 is so so close...
Opinions, critiques, reinforcements, rejections requested....
Thanks.

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:MC10 = Multi-Zone MCE Killer?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 12:36:03 pm »

You may want to check out Music Lobby... It's an add on to MC..
(Not done by JRiver)

http://www.cinemaronline.com/musiclobby.html
-

skavan

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 12:37:04 pm »

I did - the interface is really not TV friendly at all.

Thanks tho'.

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 02:46:30 pm »

Well, i would also be very interested in working on such a plugin/hairstyle. I just looked at the main.xml file in the hairstyle folder but i guess its only use is for skinning.

Right now i use both MC and MCE on the same computer. I think both of them have advantages over the other. The main advantages of MCE is it's very user friendly interface and its performance. Unfortunately, MCE lacks a lot of functionalities such as ratings and customizability(i.e. skinning).

So here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to modify the way hairstyle works? i.e. make it feel more fluid/tv friendly like MCE. Adding some transition effects would be great as well.

2. If that's not the way to go about it. Could this be done through mini-me skins? I seem to remember hearing that mini-me skins can be customized as much as you want. If so can a mini-me skin be set to fullscreen?

3. I also looked at that music lobby plugin, but i do not like it that much :(. BUT, is there a way to customize it to achieve what we're looking for here?

Thanks for the help,

-Cascius
Pages: [1]   Go Up