INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: burning questions...  (Read 736 times)

bebop

• Citizen of the Universe
burning questions...
« on: February 24, 2004, 03:30:32 pm »

Can any one help?  Since I finally got MC to burn, I can no longer get the windows  burn to disc to function!  (Ie...copy files to: g...burn to disc).  I get an error mgs... that it is "not accessible", "incorrect function".  No real biggie, 'cept that it requires just one more thing to remember when I'm doing other work if i have to switch to MC in order to copy files onto disc.  Thanks  B ?

JohnT

Re:burning questions...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 08:30:56 am »

I don't know if this is the problem or not, but remember that you can't use the same disk to burn with MC as you use to burn with windows. Windows burning places a different type of file system on the CD.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

bebop

Re:burning questions...
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 10:08:26 am »

John, I was using new disks...the same ones that I Had been using before.  The Drives checked out ok (used Nero Infotool) as did the disk.  Rebotted and tried again, but same prob.  Can't get it to copy to the drive using windows "copy to" function.  The temp files show up, but  so do the errors each time I try to complete the operation.  

Media Center Registered 10.0.77 -- H:\j. river\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2515 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 639 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive G:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32112
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav

Burning /  Drive F: ATAPI    DVD DUAL 8X4X12    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:2  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive G: SONY     CD-RW  CRX230E     Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Any and all clues as to how to remedy this is greatly appreciated.  Tried uninstalling MC, and the burning feature of windows worked fine, then re-installed and got the same error message...no disk in drive, etc.  (tried putting other blank media in...same result)  B.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up