INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't register  (Read 1361 times)

hanumani

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
can't register
« on: March 01, 2004, 03:04:55 am »

Your buy form is broken.  It keeps saying my email address is invalid.

Is jacob@calabashmusic.com invalid?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Great Product, lousy web site : can't register
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 06:51:26 am »

Thanks for reporting this.  We'll check it.

hanumani

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:can't register
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 06:57:57 am »

I agree, I should be more polite.  I was when I tried to purchase Media Jukebox a month ago with the same problem, tried to contact you guys twice with no response via email.  So considering I am not trying to waste your time, but buy your product, I would hope for better customer service.

Still, all around, the best kitchen sink program out there.  One thing I would really like to see in future versions is a more complex CD ripping facility for content creators.  We have to use Music MAtch for this (which I hate) because it allows us to make samples of songs at whatever offset we want, for whatever length we want and with a fade-in / fade-out...

Another thing would be security.  It would be nice to pw protect your media.

I know this is nothing you can do anything about because I've posted about it since I bought version 6 3 years ago.  Your CD burning module has never worked consistently with my CD burner while almost every other app does.  Also, it seems to be incompatible with Nero.  

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 07:15:19 am »

V10 has media access rights.

This is customer service.  E-mail doesn't get personal attention other than a "standard" reply.

This page might help:
http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/buy_faq_10.html

hanumani

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 07:20:36 am »

Fair Enough

Have you fixed your form yet?  Also, instead of being inflexible about how you receive communication from users, you may want to realize that people who actually report bugs are rare, most just walk away.

Jacob

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 11:36:47 am »

Calabashmusic.com is not correctly set up to handle e-mail - it has no MX record. See RFC822 for more details. (I know e-mail to it works, but it is not set up correctly).

j

modelmaker

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 03:12:11 pm »

You might want to spend a little time exploring interact; you'll find that many people and all kinds of bugs are reported and very promptly addressed here.

And as you say "many people don't report bugs", maybe that's because they spend a few minuites using the Search or just scanning some of the posts here, find their answer and then don't need to post.

Attitude can make all the difference: honey gets you a lot farther than vinegar. This program is not for every bird-brain out there!
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

hanumani

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 07:40:48 am »

Look, this is rediculous.  This isn't an open source free piece of software, that everyone should contribute too.  Software is a business like any other, and customers are valuable assets.  And while the customer is not always right he/she is almost always in the right.  The fact that most people do walk away from reporting bugs hurts your business.  As does requiring an MX server record (which I've set up now).  Why do you this anyway?  does it actually provide a greater benift in verification than it does hurt by alientating all the people out there who the registration fails for randomly (most of whom you'll never know because most people don't report problems, they just download Musicmatch or Winamp).

Also, read the last response.  I'm not angry, I've made the same post on forums I monitor.  But it's snide and only has a place on forums where everyone is an equal in the relationship.  Here, I am a customer, a past customer, loyal user and soon to be renewing customer (although probably not anymore).

Anyway, no more rants to sum:

1. Great product
2. Insulting customers rarely garners sales
3. A simple "I'm Sorry" at the beginning of a letter and "Thank you" at the end of a letter goes a long way (even if they aren't deserved in your oppinion).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 08:00:30 am »

Hanumani,
If you want polite help here, please tone it down a notch.

Here are some examples in your last message:

----------[begin Hanumani]
"Look, this is rediculous.  
And while the customer is not always right he/she is almost always in the right.
As does requiring an MX server record (which I've set up now).  

by alientating all the people out there who the registration fails for
Also, read the last response.  

I'm not angry
But it's snide and only has a place on forums where everyone is an equal in the relationship.  
Here, I am a customer, a past customer, loyal user and soon to be renewing customer (although probably not anymore). "
----------[end Hanumani]

So thank you for your business, but I'm not sorry for anything I've said above, and Gateley has nothing to apologize for.  He gave you the facts.  It isn't his job or mine to explain what MX records are or why we use them, but they do help get you a license.

As for customers being more important than guys like Gateley, I have trouble with that concept.  There should be mutual respect on both parts.

Please cool off before you post again.  

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up