INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with MCIO  (Read 1409 times)

cohnhead

• I might be a porcupine.
Help with MCIO
« on: March 01, 2004, 04:26:55 pm »

I can't get MCIO to work.  I am trying to use it with myHTPC.

When I run the MCIO setup program it appears to load correctly.

When I run the MCOOP - Test program I get a error message "Media Center not loaded or plugin not installed" .

If I try to reload the plugin with the plugin manager, I get a message "Unsupported plugin type.  The plugin can not be installed."

I have been able to get MCIO to work on my computer at work, but not on my HTPC at home.  

Please Help!

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
Re:Help with MCIO
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 11:59:18 pm »

Hello.  Are your home and work computers running the same version of MediaCenter?

I've never seen your error before, but I use MCIO all the time.

BTW, you don't really need MCIO anymore, as you can make out-of-process calls as a builtin feature of MediaCenter now.  However, going through MCIO is about twice as fast in my experience - go figure!

Soundman

dhill

• Recent member
  • Has anyone seen the bridge?
Re:Help with MCIO
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 07:53:35 pm »

I also have the same problem and it seems to be because when MC in installed it does not for some unknown reason to me register the IMJ interfaces in the registry. On system A you can see all the IMJ interfaces by searching for IMJ. On system B I have installed and uninstalled various versions of 9 and 10 and information is never created. Running XP SP1a with latest updates except .NET. Does MC require .NET?
Pages: [1]   Go Up