INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No tag edit features etc.  (Read 1380 times)

MikeBrooks

• Change this by choosing profile
No tag edit features etc.
« on: March 05, 2004, 11:13:10 pm »

I have been a successful user of 8.0 plus for a long time... you know the one you pay $25 bucks for. I responded to an email and loaded 9.0. It installed fine... does not quite work the same way. But, I could not find the advanced tag and file editing features that I use all the time with version 8. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled versio n8. First thing that happened was it refused to read the library files because they were from a newer version... even though this had only been a few hours. So, I had it rebuild the library files. Once installed I could not use my original registration key that i had saved. So, I dutifully went on line and downloaded a key. I did this three times, before I realized it does not work in Mozilla!!!! (Used up three attempts... I guess). Well I fired up IE and did it that way. But, on opening MJ I find I can now see the registration information under the HELP... but it did not give me the Plus features such as the editing, update tags from library, etc. What do I need to do??

Thx

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:No tag edit features etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 05:26:01 am »

But, I could not find the advanced tag and file editing features that I use all the time with version 8.

they are easyer to find.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

MikeBrooks

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 12:24:44 pm »

They probably are!! I think this is a licensing problem... so those features do not appear as avaialable... they should... I paid the money!

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 03:13:57 pm »

Mike,

It's for sure not a licensing issue because we don't hide features, but just disable them. You would still see the tools, but would not be able to use them.

In Media Center 9.1:

Tagging is located in menu Edit->Tagging Info.

You can also access it by clicking on File properties item in Action window and selecting Tag Info icon.

To access advanced library tools right-click on Action Window, while in tagging mode, and select Library Tools from the pop-up menu. The same menu can be accessed if you right-click on a specific file and select Library Tools menu item.

Regards,
Nikolay

MikeBrooks

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 08:59:25 pm »

Well that's okay! But I am in version 8. And I want the advanced editing to do multiple selects and edit a list, to be able to update the tags from the library, or the library from the tags... and I used to see these in an edit window down the RHS.

Thx
Mike Brooks

MikeBrooks

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 09:06:38 pm »

Also, in the manual I see references to organization tree, display pane, content pane, and player window... but nothing about action window.
Pages: [1]   Go Up