INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prob with SHN plugin - Please select files to play  (Read 2256 times)

cope360

• Change this by choosing profile
Prob with SHN plugin - Please select files to play
« on: March 06, 2004, 11:10:32 am »

Hi All -

I've just installed the Shorten Plugin from http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/downloads/plugins.pl?type=4&start=0&end=10&page=1 and am having some problems.

Whenever I try to open a SHN file, a dialogue box pops up with the title Warning and the message "Please select file(s) to play."

I'm using MJ 8.0.400 on XP Pro.

Has anyone seen this before?

TIA

Penfold

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Lunchlady Doris, have ye got ony grease?
Re:Prob with SHN plugin - Please select files to play
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 12:02:11 pm »

I get that also, when I use the official Shorten program the tracks work fine...

I should mention I've had this error on all builds of MC10, but since I only have 1 SHN album then it's a low priority as I managed to transfer my Hunter S Thompson album to mp3 via the official Shorten program...

cope360

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 01:26:56 pm »

Yeah, I know that my files are good.  They work in other programs and in Winamp with the Winamp SNH plugin.

ssamadhi97

• Recent member
  • in_shn dev
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 07:33:59 pm »

Very odd. This is the first time I hear about this problem even though the plugin has out there for quite a while now and I do know several people who use it..

I just skimmed through the source code and didn't see anything suspicious, so for now I wonder whether it's somehow related to the installation progress..? (I vaguely remember reporting a problem in MJ/MC to the devs that kept in_shn from installing properly way back when I made the plugin)  Anyway, I'll have a closer look at this and try to figure it out.

Thanks for the problem reports; if you think you might have anything useful to add (how exactly did you install the plugin, for example?), please feel free to post about it.

Penfold

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Lunchlady Doris, have ye got ony grease?
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 04:19:42 pm »

I can only tell you that I originally downloaded it from the website as per any other plugin.

Did the old windows classic & bounced the plugin, ie uninstall/reinstalled it from the website; now it works, however I can only play the tracks from the beginning, I cannot jump to the middle of a track for instance.

Here's my sys info, I doubt it'll help but you never know...
=====================================================
Media Center Registered 10.0.161 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1989 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 293 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1514 (xpsp2.040109-1800) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G: RICOH   CD-R/RW MP7163A   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: RICOH    CD-R/RW MP7163A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
Pages: [1]   Go Up