INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center v10 vs v9  (Read 1327 times)

filterxg

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Media Center v10 vs v9
« on: March 07, 2004, 09:54:24 am »

First off let me say I know the technical differences.  I've read the fixes, and updates.  What I want to know is if it is a major upgrade.  I love MJ8, but was extremely dissappointed with MC9.  So I want to know what your opinions are of the program.

My biggest problem is that MC felt clumsy.  There were too many steps to accomplish things.  MJ8 couldn't be called streamlined but compared to MC9 it seemed like a basic 4-function tape player.  In short I wasn't fond of the interface.  Does MC10 change the interface at all?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Media Center v10 vs v9
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 11:04:31 am »

I've got MJ8 at home and MC10 at work, so I can comment on these two versions...

Which do I prefer?..for tag editing, it's definitely MJ, because it is a easily resizeable floating window by default, and batch editing is slick with it. In ALL other regards, MC wins hands down...and for any task is at least as efficient.

Now let me ask you a question...

I've just watched "A Shot in the Dark" and noticed that the steering wheel in the car Clouseau gets out of is on the left hand side of the car. The scene is in the nudist colony "Camp Sunshine". Everyone has a french accent so I assume that the colony is in France. Aren't steering wheels on the right hand side there (like most if not all of Europe)?..or were they on the left in 1964?

10-27

jleerigby

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 01:41:44 pm »

rofl  ;D

Back with avengance eh xen.  This place would not have been the same.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 03:23:30 pm »

Now let me ask you a question...

I've just watched "A Shot in the Dark" and noticed that the steering wheel in the car Clouseau gets out of is on the left hand side of the car. The scene is in the nudist colony "Camp Sunshine". Everyone has a french accent so I assume that the colony is in France. Aren't steering wheels on the right hand side there (like most if not all of Europe)?..or were they on the left in 1964?

10-27

Steering wheels are on the left hand side in most of Europe, it's the UK where they're on the right.

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 03:39:34 pm »

But surely the Pink Panther car had the steering wheel in the middle? :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 03:42:13 pm »

I think xen was taking the mickey out of you, if that's the phrase I want.  He was just having fun, I think.

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 08:08:44 am »

Xen, that depends on which side of the silver screen you sit. In Europe we mostly sit at the front side of it. So the steering wheels in Europe are on the left side. When you see the steering wheel on the right side, it is an English car, or you sit behind the silver screen 8), ...or the video engine in MC is broken.

Uwe
Pages: [1]   Go Up