INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What MC files needed for full recovery?  (Read 1009 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
What MC files needed for full recovery?
« on: March 09, 2004, 04:41:31 am »

I do MC backups from time to time, but I also have a synching program that backs my important files to another drive automatically.  What MC files do I need to back up automatically so that if I haven't recently backed up from within MC, I can still recover my latest MC library and settings?  Would this be the five "jmd" files in the MC "data" folder, or just the three that the MC backup function backs up?  Are there other files that I'd need to get back to the previous MC setup?

Thanks,

Larry

jleerigby

Re:What MC files needed for full recovery?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 07:03:23 am »

Backup your library - yes that's all the jmd files you mentioned unless you use the backup library feature within MC which will create a single zip file to restore from.

Other than that just backup the data directory.

Settings I'm afraid are stored in the registry (HKCU\Software\JRiver).  You could export this manually to a .reg file.  

If I were you I'd forget all this ***ting about and just get a copy of Drive Image and schedule it to create an image of your complete C drive from time to time.  You can then use the image to restore the whoel drive or single files.  I've restored the whole drive a couple of times recently after installing dodgy software that left crap all over the hard drive, even after an uninstall.

I woudn't be without it.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 04:25:33 pm »

I'm still unclear if I should copy all 5 jmd files, or just the three that get put into the zip file when doing an MC backup, or the entire data directory.

I prefer to do quick syncs more often than a full image once in a while since the syncs usually take less than a minute to complete.

Thanks again,

Larry

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 01:14:16 am »

The other JMD are just for what's currently in Playing Now.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 08:44:09 am »

It would be nice if the stuff in the registry was backed up as well.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 01:52:00 pm »

What annoys me is that the Browse file  isn't included. That means that any view schemes that I have created or changed will not be transfered to other computers (in my case four) that uses the same library via mapping network drives.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up