INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marketing Opportunity  (Read 788 times)

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Marketing Opportunity
« on: March 24, 2004, 12:58:50 pm »

Heres a clash of the titans:

Maybe JRiver can find A Customer and get some MC-preinstalled hardware into that lab across the street. Although given the nature of the combatants Im not holding my breath...

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re:Marketing Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 01:17:18 pm »

Well, well, well...

A shameless opportunity to bump this, because Id love to know what people think about MS v EU, and because Ive just spent about 15mins on the phone doing a telephone survey. As I went though with the American accented (and very polite) guy on the other end, it gradually became obvious that it was a Microsoft sponsored survey about the EU ruling. I tried to be honest, honest, but some of the questions were hopelessly leading...

'If WMP was removed from Windows millions of customers would lose vital features. Are you in favour or not in favour of that?'

'Microsoft is a world class innovative organization that helps little old ladies across the road on its days off. How much do you agree with that?'

Im paraphrasing slightly, of course. I am certainly no open source vigilante, but some of it was laughable. Look out for some market research supporting MS during the appeal.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Marketing Opportunity
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 04:56:32 pm »

Thanks, Lee.  I've been following this closely.  I'm waiting for the phone to ring.

If anyone has good contacts with PC manufacturers who ship to the EU, please e-mail me.  

Thanks,

Jim Hillegass
jimh @ jriver.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up