INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FTP Uploading  (Read 834 times)

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
FTP Uploading
« on: March 09, 2004, 01:23:44 pm »

Ive had this problem for a while and posted before. So far Im more inclined to chalk it down to ignorance than a bug. Im trying this again in the hope someone can shed some light.

I cant get MC v10.0.86 (and a few previous builds) to upload images to my website.

Details:

When I connect to the website in IE with the address ftp://xxxxx I see a directory called htdocs. My website index.html is in this folder - the home page. All content is in htdocs or folders below this.

So - in MC the send to/Web,FTP dialog I basically do what I do in IE - enter my ftp address and leave the port as default 21. But it seems no matter what combination or combinations of "/htdocs/Photos" etc I use in the path MC will not upload. The upload dialog appears to work, but the final dialog shows '0 of x files transferred'.

I hope its clear that Im pretty clueless with this stuff. I think Im just doing something simple wrong.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re:FTP Uploading
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 01:38:57 pm »

It works for me.

I just wished it would remember the password for the site so you do not need to re-type it everytime.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 03:20:44 pm »

There is a limit right now that may affect this.  It will only create one directory.

So if your home directory has a directory called htdocs, MC can create a directory called photos under it.  If the htdocs directory doesn't exist, MC can't create htdocs/photos all at once.

Here's one that works for me:

address:  machine.jriver.com/public_html

path:  test

Try putting the directory you want to create where I've put "test".

Note that there are no preceding or trailing slashes.

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 12:22:30 pm »

Jim

Thank you. That was exactly the problem. Its working fine now.

I was beating my head against the wall trying to figure this. Now my family and friends dont have pretend to be interested in my holiday snaps as I talk them through the photo album.

Thanks again

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up