INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can the songs be played in album order  (Read 1145 times)

amirbd

• nothing more to say...
Can the songs be played in album order
« on: March 11, 2004, 05:16:49 pm »

Hi ,

I've already asked this question before, but did not recive an answer.

I have MJ plus since it came out (now have version 8.0.400), being using it
since, and lovin' it  :D.

I have a very stupid question - how can I get MJ to play the tracks on a given album IN THE CORRECT ORDER (i.e. Track order). I do have all the correct id3 information (i.e. track number). However, when I double click the album (in the left pane), the songs are entered into the playlist in some random order.
I'm aware of the following two "work arounds":
1. Click on track, followed by "update playback order".
2. generate a playlist with the correct order and use that playlist.

However, I'm asking whether there is an option to set MJ so it will automatically inset the songs into the playlist in the track order. I though that
that was the purpose of "Setting->Options->Tree and View Setting -> sort order". But this does not work.

Thanks,

Amir

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Can the songs be played in album order
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 07:36:17 pm »

> I though that that was the purpose of "Setting->Options->Tree and View Setting -> sort order"

It is...and if it's not working then I have to assume you have shuffle turned on (one of the buttons below the currently playing window controls this). FYI: Media Center does a much better job in this regard. You don't really have to include track num in the sort order...it does it automagically.

10-27

amirbd

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 10:27:03 pm »

UNBELIEVABLE  :o -  Thanks !!!!!!! - told you this was stupid question.  ;D

I guess I once clicked on this shuffle button by mistake and than MJ just kept remembering its state. I know that there must be some "shuffle force" working here, but was not able to find it (searched repeatedly under setting - the wrong place). I wonder what other "goodies" are hidden in the great software....

While I'm here, let me ask a few more questions -
1. Assuming I do not care about DVD/video capabilities (just music playback and organization), is there any good reason for me to upgrade ? Will I loose something that works under MJ plus ?
2. Is there an upgrade path MJ ->  MC ?
3. Is a new version coming out soon ?
4. Any good advice how to prepare my library for the arrival of the iRiver iHP-140 (which I bought today...  ;D). Does MJ supports iRiver iHP-140 ?

Many questions, I know, but I'm so excited by the trivial solution to the stupid problem that annoyed me for the last few years,  that I was carried away....

Cheers,

Amir

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 04:21:51 pm »

Upgrade covered here...

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/buy_faq_10.html

Features...

http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/features.html

iHP's are supported in one way or another AFAIK...do a general forum search (esp the Media Center forum)

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up