INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pinnacle PCTV & Media Center  (Read 4265 times)

IrishDerby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Pinnacle PCTV & Media Center
« on: March 13, 2004, 06:46:30 pm »

I know that Media Center supports some TV Tuner cards, but I was wondering if it will work with a PCTV Deluxe system from Pinncacle. It is an external USB system that works very well on its own, but I would prefer to have Media Center be my one hub for everything.
I know that when I click on TV Tuner in Media Center it talks about ATI and Happauge, but was hoping that Pinnacle is in the cards for the future. I am using the 10.9 beta.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re:Pinnacle PCTV & Media Center
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 08:21:21 am »

If you already have the TV device installed on your computer, just try it with MC. Click "TV Tuner" under "Drives & Devices" and then click Options button, then Scan button.

Tell us what you find.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

IrishDerby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 12:38:14 pm »

I did that, and the Pinnacle showed up along with a camera that I have installed. However, when I try to choose the Pinnacle, I get the following error message:
PlaybackEng
Preview graph has not been built

pipsqueak

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 02:22:41 pm »

irish

i am about to buy the exact same device. A few weeks ago i asked basically the same question as your original one. didnt get much response - i think everyone uses desktops with internal cards. unfortunately im stuck with a laptop so the usb option really appealed to me.

i know mc supports the internal version of the pinnacle card, and so assuming the hardware was similar would have expected the usb one to work. i wrote to pinnacle but didnt get a halpful response.

let me know how you progress, and in particular if you get yours to work.

thanks
pip
Pages: [1]   Go Up