INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hauppage WinTV - UK???  (Read 4279 times)

fatt_fill

• Recent member
Hauppage WinTV - UK???
« on: March 13, 2004, 08:14:23 pm »

Hi all,

I have a Hauppage WinTV PCI card which works nicely using the hauppage or wdm drivers under WinXP.  When trying to configure with MC10 (currently running 10.91beta), setup all goes fine until I'm asked to enter the country name - UK isn't listed  ?

Is this a "bug" or does anyone know of an equivalent country I can use to scan the same freq range (just wanted to point out this potential flaw before the final release).

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re:Hauppage WinTV - UK???
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 07:47:24 pm »

Do you have DirectX 9.0b installed? DX 9.0b has a bug. You must install a hotfix from Microsoft. Try "Non-NTSC TV Tuner Hotfix for DirectX 9.0b (KB825116)" from this link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8dfd1b6d-e177-4a0e-91d0-b4310675b02b&displaylang=en
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

fatt_fill

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 03:47:07 pm »

Sorry it's taken so long to reply.

I've applied the patch you suggested but with no effect.
Maybe you misread my question - I don't even get the option to choose UK from the country list suggesting it is missing from the "code".

Is UK support planned??

Phil

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 05:26:54 pm »

I did not misread your question. UK IS in the code, listed as United Kingdom if your device driver says it supports PAL_I format. There is a bug in DirectX 9.0b that would mess that part up - effective saying erroneously that the device does not support the format it is supposed to support. Applying the hotfix from Microsoft solved the problem for many users.

If you have applied the hotfix and still have the problem, then we are looking at a totally different beast.

fatt_fill

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 06:02:32 am »

Hi there,

Thanks for your help again.
I've reapplied the patch, and still I get no UK option in the list, just Uganda and United Arab Emirates.
After a restart (to be sure), I get the same problem

Any ideas??
Sounds fairly uncommon if the patch normally fixes it.

Thanks in advance
Phil

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 08:58:26 am »

Hi there,

Thanks for your help again.
I've reapplied the patch, and still I get no UK option in the list, just Uganda and United Arab Emirates.
These two countries, along with a large number of others, use PAL_B format. The format for UK is PAL_I, a format used also by Angola, Namibia, Lesotho, South Africa, Ireland, Falkland Islands, Hong Kong and Macau. You would not see these listed either since you do not see UK.
Any ideas??
Sounds fairly uncommon if the patch normally fixes it.

It seems indeed you have a different problem. You can try a few things:

First let the program pass that stage of Country name selection by selecting any country (one that uses a PAL format - maybe PAL_B). You would not be able to tune to a station well. Go to TV Options property pages (right-click in video window, select TV Options->Configure TV, OR Tools menu->Options->TV Options->Advanced button). Select "Advanced Properties tab. Double click "Video Capture Filter...", and see if you can find PAL_I format in the Video Stanard list. Next, back to Advanced Properties, double-click "TV Tuner...". In the resulting dialog window, enter 44 for both Country and Tuning Space, and select PAL_I from Video Standard if it is there.

I guess you will fail to find PAL_I from TV Tuner dialog window.

If this fail to fix the problem, try reinstall Hauppauge driver. Run hcwclear program to cleanly uninstall everything Hauppauge before you reinstall the driver. If you do not have the latest Hauppauge driver you should download the latest from Hauppauge.

If reinstalling Hauppauge driver does not fix the problem, you might want to try installing a third-party driver. The driver from this site http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/download.html works well with MC if your device is Brooktree 848/878 based.
Pages: [1]   Go Up