INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WAV to MP3 conversion problems  (Read 909 times)

Richard Bate

• Change this by choosing profile
WAV to MP3 conversion problems
« on: March 14, 2004, 07:01:29 pm »

Hiho

I purchased Jukebox about five minutes ago on the basis of how good the trial was, only to have my first problem right now :P D'oh!

Whenever I convert a .wav file into an .mp3 file, for some reason the recording doubles in speed, that is, a 60 second file becomes  a 30 second file, and I can't figure out for the life of me why this is. I'm converting from 22,050Hz, bitrate 705 to CD-quality (128Kbps). My other mp3 converter, Poweramp doesn't do this, but I would like to only have to use Jukebox as it is far superior. Can anyone help me here ?

Thanks a lot
Richard :)

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:WAV to MP3 conversion problems
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 12:36:27 am »

Here's the rule regarding sample rate...

If the source sample rate is lower than the final (encoded), the track will shorten and it will sound like Alvin. If source is higher than final then the track will lengthen, and it will sound like Barry White (if source IS Barry White and you play it, who knows what natural disaster you could cause).

Your source is 22kHz and MJ is encoding at 44.1kHz, doubling the pitch and halving the playtime. I don't have a solution for you at this moment...but that is what is happening. You may want to do a little research on LAME (the mp3 encoder MJ uses) and find a switch for dropping the encoded sample rate (so that source = encoded final).

10-27

Richard Bate

• Change this by choosing profile
Re:WAV to MP3 conversion problems
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 10:43:16 am »

Thanks, I'll try to get better quality samples :) It sounds like Alvin aged five, by the way :P

If anyone can come up with a solution it'd be much appreciated.

Richard :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up